CNET Editors' review
Keeping track and organizing all files and folders on your Mac may become quite time-intensive and complicated, especially if you let them pile up. If you get stuck trying to organize your computer, Cleanup for Mac may be able to assist you. Even though its interface could use some improvement, this app is quick and efficient, making it an adequate option for users looking for an easy way to organize their files and folders.
Despite the lack of a native installer, CleanUp for Mac downloaded and installed quickly. The app is very easy to use and straightforward when it comes to functionality. Its main function is to help users sort all the files into different folders automatically according to their file extension. Other than that, CleanUp comes packed with a lot of other features such as the option to hide desktop files and folders, partition a folder, create a second desktop, etc. The interface offers a small description for each feature but seems a bit messy and inconsistent. The background images are rather awkward and the display name for each function seems uninformative. Nevertheless, the app does its job smoothly and with no hiccups.
While basically functional and useful for anyone who wants to organize their files and folders, Cleanup for Mac lacks the streamlined and straightforward interface found on most Mac applications. However, the app is still well worth a download if the user is willing to look past that.
BlacksSoftware is proud to present the brand new version of CleanUp. Version 1.0 is not a simple update of our best known application. In fact, we have decided to throw CleanUp 0.2 into the recycling bin and rewrite it from the beginning, using new graphics, new modules and new algorithms. CleanUp 1.0 isn't the simple Desktop & Folder Cleaner version 0.2 used to be. It's a new application engineered to help you in many different tasks and to give you the best Mac user experience. That's why it's made up of 10 independent, useful and handy tools. Also, we have added almost 70 new file extensions, to include many more files in CleanUp operations. Now every user of CleanUp can experience a tidy desktop. Control Panel The Control Panel lets you monitor CleanUp activity and start new tools from a small window. It also displays warnings if something goes wrong, using a simple but smart system of annunciator lights (Master Caution yellow light and Master Warning red light) and text messages. The Control Panel should always be visible when using CleanUp. However, every tool can display the Control Panel if attention of the user is necessary. Mega Cleaner The evolution of CleanUp 0.2 is the Mega Cleaner, rewritten with a new, more efficient algorithm and a brand new extendible database of 170 file types. Mega Cleaner is still able to group files having the same extension, but two new functions were implemented: 1. Mega Mode: Groups all files and folders in a superfolder, regardless of name and extension. 2. Name Mode: Gathers in the same folder documents and folders having the same initial. This way, you can rapidly find an item whose name is known. DisAppear If you need to rapidly hide every item on your Desktop - for example, if you are preparing a presentation - DisAppear is the tool for you. This CleanUp module seamlessly groups everything on your Desktop into a new hidden folder. When you decide to get that folder back, a simple click makes it visible again. Note that you can also quit CleanUp without restoring hidden files; CleanUp will always find the hidden folder containing your Desktop files. Second Desktop Second Desktop creates a new layer between your Desktop and every other open app. This layer is painted with your Desktop background image, and therefore acts as a new desktop, without icons of files, folders or volumes. Second Desktop can be easily closed just like any other window. See more features at blackssoftware.yolasite.com.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Analyse, remove, archive and restore application files and inst...
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Swiss army knife of system tools.
- Create a secure folder where you can hide your private folders.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Add colors to your desktop icons.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- (Lion Edition) general purpose system modify/repair utility.
- Create and edit Web documents remotely.
- Enhance open and save dialogs with improved navigation, preview...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Create and edit Web documents remotely.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Encrypt and password protect individual folders and application...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Find duplicates on any folder, hard disk or network very quickl...
- Data recovery software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.