Cisco CDP Monitor is a highly efficient network monitor and troubleshooting tool for network administrator and network engineer. First, Cisco CDP Monitor is a CDP Client for windows host. It is able to use the CDP(Cisco Discovery Protocol) to send host information to connecting Cisco devices.
With Cisco CDP Monitor, Users could send the information (CPU numbers and models, host name, login name and the windows version, service pack version, memory information, Disk information, the network adapter name, ip address) of windows host to the connecting Cisco device , and users could get and display the information of the connecting Cisco devices, such as device names, device models, connecting port , administive ip address, IOS version, VTP Domain Name, and so on. With these information, one could easily learn the total topology of whole network and do troubleshooting. Once the CDP(Cisco Discovery Protocol) information changed (such as the link or device failed, or the setup of Cisco device changed), Cisco CDP Monitor will detect and display related info. So as the Cisco client of windows host, Cisco CDP Monitor could monitor your network automatically . Especially, Cisco CDP Monitor could send the information of the host to connecting Cisco devices. So the LAN Management Solution and the Routed WAN Management Solution of CiscoWorks 2000 Campus Manager could get these information through CDP and show the total topology of your network in graphics mode, including not only the Cisco network devices, but also PCs and hosts. Users could monitor all network devices (including windows hosts) in Cisco's Network Management software.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor the whole network.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Transfer data and files via TFTP protocol.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Capture and analyze the traffic and protocols running on a comp...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Provide infrastructure for enterprise instant messaging, presen...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Connect to SNMP compliant devices.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Cisco CDP Monitor 3.01
This is a good little app for finding information about the cisco switch a client is plugged into. At. work we purchased this app as a troubleshooting tool to easily find out which switch our clients are on.
Does not support other CDP type protocols such as the one used for HP switches.
Good product at a cheap price. Wish there was a BartPe version of the software.