CNET Editors' review
Those who want to surf the Web without using Safari have many options. Chromium FreeSMUG build for Mac is a functional program, but does not add anything new to the browsing experience.
Downloading Chromium FreeSMUG's build for Mac takes a bit longer since the program is 46 MB. Installation occurred without any problems or user actions, though. There were no instructions, but the interface is fairly easy to interpret for those familiar with Web browsing. Support did not appear to be available. After starting, the program's interface was what one would typically expect from a basic Web browser. The browser's top bar was well placed for entering URLs and the typical back, forward, and refresh buttons were present. The tested pages loaded quickly and without any errors. There were no separate menus for bookmarks or favorites, requiring users to access these options from a main drop-down menu. These can be moved to the top of the interface just below the URL bar if necessary. The program ran smoothly throughout testing without any operational problems.
While it performs all expected functions, Chromium FreeSMUG build for Mac fails to distinguish itself from other, more innovative Web browsers.
Chromium is an open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all Internet users to experience the web.
What's new in this version:
- This release contains security fixes
- Pepper Flash updated to 188.8.131.52
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout.
- Browse the web easily.
- Full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services ...
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Edit the page you're reading at this moment to your taste.
- Finds coupons for online shoppers during checkout automatically...
- Download accelerator that is built into your web browser.
- NCAA college basketball pool manager.
- Web browser.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Translate current page via Google Translate.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Chromium FreeSMUG build 16.0.912.75
Has the same feel as all Chrome based browsers has yet to crash or lock up.
For the first week the browser was off to the races. Like most browsers overtime it has slowed down. Clearing history, cache, browsing data, etc. did not return it to it's original speed.
In short, it's no better than any other Chrome style browser.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content