CNET Editors' review
We're always a little skeptical of media players that promise to deliver free, high-quality content. They often end up being too good to be true, annoying us with poor performance, obscure content, or restrictions on the good stuff. We were pleasantly surprised by CherryPlayer. This easy-to-use program gives users access to a huge selection of streaming music, and it has a built-in YouTube downloader as well. CherryPlayer is a great choice for listening to today's popular songs, exploring new music, and revisiting old favorites.
CherryPlayer's interface is straightforward and doesn't require much in the way of explanation. The navigation pane on the left allows users to browse songs from Last.fm's lists of loved tracks, hyped tracks, and top tracks, which is a nice way to check out what's currently popular. If you're after a specific song, CherryPlayer also lets you search for tracks from VK Music; you'll be prompted to create a VK.com account, but you can skip this without causing any problems. We had no trouble finding what we were looking for there, even some fairly obscure acts that we weren't really expecting to see. CherryPlayer makes it easy to create playlists, too. The YouTube downloader worked without issues, downloading videos as FLV files and then playing them back flawlessly. The program's online Help file is brief, but CherryPlayer doesn't require a whole lot in the way of documentation. Overall, we were impressed with CherryPlayer, and we think it's a great way to get free access to a surprisingly broad variety of music.
CherryPlayer installs and uninstalls without issues.
CherryPlayer is a next generation media player. It brings together the most popular media functionality into one single product. CherryPlayer gives you endless of streaming music. It has an archive of millions of MP3 songs all available through a nice toplist or a simple search engine. CherryPlayer gives you a YouTube viewer and downloader. It is fully integrated with YouTube allowing you to search for, view and download all YouTube movies in the quality and format that you prefer. CherryPlayer can play all common media files with no need for additional codecs. It supports all major music and video formats out of the box. Best of all. CherryPlayer is completely free to use.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.8 now features a portable version and automatic future upgrades as well as several other improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Organize media files and watch them on your favorite digital de...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Watch movies and listen to your favourite songs of different fo...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Download videos and sounds from YouTube.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Search and download YouTube videos.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Convert FLV videos into AVI, or MP3 format easily.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Listen to your favorite streams from YouTube easily.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Choose from a wide range of channels to watch sports, music pro...
- Play, record, and organize media files, streaming content, and ...
- Grab links, save, and download video files from streaming video...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Add links and play movies from various video Web sites.
- Search hundreds of Internet radio stations and play songs.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"This program works well."
Version: CherryPlayer 1.2.6
Very easy to use
haven't found any yet...
"the best thing i downloaded this year"
Version: CherryPlayer 1.2.6
the youtube downloader is awsome so is every thing else
no cons yet
"So Far Quite Good"
Version: CherryPlayer 1.2.4
It's Fuschia my daughters are all gone but other than the color I found quite a few old songs and Pieces ,I listen through my computer and it is all free and hopefully on the up and up I must say it is very good the sound is MP3 320 I'm guessing and it has You Tube and lots of videos with playlists.
Remember this is free and provides the music so it is kept simple I no nothing past Google on its history
Yes it is a simple player and music/video Player
It's Fluorescent Pink
I think you need to get the songs on it's VK I'm not sure what it is not necessarily a con though
This is done really well ,I like simple and I can listen to the songs before I purchase the CD
"very good worth a try"
Version: CherryPlayer 1.1.9
i like trying new pieces of software . some are rubbish. i suppose i,m like a kid a sweet shop.it is so easy to use .musically its on par with spotify or groovshark. good freeware.
very basic but it not a problem
"Cherryplayer is a new interesting player."
Version: CherryPlayer 1.1.8
- friendly UI
- listen VK music
- download Youtube video
- two tabs: Music and Video
- Top last.fm Music
- Top Youtube Video
- search in Music
- search in Video
- buy songs at amazon.com
- create ourselves own playlist
- beautifull colors of player
- not ability to create many playlists
- sometimes need to create vk account
- can't add full folder, only several songs
- too simple context menu
- can't download last.fm songs
- can't to change the songs order in playlist
- drug'n'drop isn't work in search
- drug'n'drop isn't work in playlist to change order of songs
- user can't to choose own color design for player
- sometimes slowly work download loader
So I recommend to use this player. I think it's a good product.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content