Date Added:Jan. 03, 2001
Downloads Last Week:66
Product ranking:#4 in Kids Games
out of 145 votes
out of 145 votes
My ratingWrite review
* It complies with the American Checkers rules (pawns can only move forward, never backwards)
* There are 10 different levels of difficulty to set
* The Interface is OK (whole screen)
* It does not do any movements automatically (it forces you to jump and take all the time, but it doesn't do it automatically for you)
* It has interesting options during a game, like "offer draw", "resign" and "undo move"
* The interface is a Win XP-based one, so on Win 7 the game has difficulties at completely closing. One has to open the Task Manager to end the process manually and even so, Windows has problems closing it.
* It forces you to jump and take, when there's the chance, I'd rather be able to "pass" a jump and lose the piece, as opposed to having to jump and take when I don't wish to, strategically.
* Once crowned, the kings can only move ONE SPACE on any diagonal direction, which is opposite to the American Checkers rules, where a king can move diagonally and jump freely, whenever there is at least one space between pieces, or no pieces at all, and it can also move diagonally in different directions, while jumping and taking.
For a FREE game, it is great, I highly recommend it, it is fun and very challenging!
Levels 1 and 2 are good steps for my grandson.
Does not allow for variations from the rules which are programmed; i.e. forcing you to jump an opponent in lieu of applying a strategic maneuver.
For starters, this program wouldn't even download. Second, when I launched the installer, Earth Alerts repair tool booted up...I have never seen anything like this before so I am fairly confused.
Will consume some of my free time.
Not any I can think if,
If you love checkers this is for you.
There are none!
This game is lousy!
I downloaded this game for my 5 year old son. This game will only let you move the way IT wants you to. It will also only crown you after IT crowns itself. This game cheats -not exactly the type of thing I want my 5 year old learning is all right.
ease to learn well known game to play with beating PC with setting level you can
set it to.
If you do get bug or game fight with PC and reset it is goo but but game you buy from
store is better to play than online or download version.
if you can get something done and play you then like the game and be happy with
it and use all the time .
many levels of difficulty
It is a good game.
Not updated recently.
yes its ok to down load if your useing windows xp
i rate it 4.5 out of 10
not meny people play checkers any more
but this game not bad if your yong and you want to learn some thing new
in old way
worth the down load to try
i just hope you dont get bord
each person to its own
every-thing, I just saw a american horror movie, and this game looks scary to me. if you are looking for a checkers game to play locally on ur pc then look no further go for Alawar Checkers
Add Your Review
Update Your Review
Submit Your Reply
E-mail This Review
Report Offensive Content
|Publisher web site||http://www.magicwandsoft.com/|
|Release Date||January 03, 2001|
|Date Added||January 03, 2001|
|Operating Systems||Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP|
|Downloads Last Week||66|