CNET Editors' review
Checkbook offers users a chance to keep their finances in order with this simple program. Utilizing a familiar design and garnering fantastic results, this may be a dream come true for those who dread balancing their checkbooks each month.
The program's interface is reminiscent of the inside of a checkbook. The entry fields are intuitive and should not be a problem to navigate. There is also an excellent step-by-step Help file to guide anyone who is not perfectly comfortable with the program. Balancing our books was delightfully simple. All we had to do was fill in the appropriate fields with the date, check title and amount, and the account balances itself out. Users can monitor deposits and payments without worrying about mathematical errors, since Checkbook does all the hard work for them. The program also offers a helpful way to keep your finances private by applying a password to access your checkbook. Unfortunately, we could not test this, as it is not available to utilize until the program is registered.
Aside from disabling the password feature, the program's trial limits you to only one account, but we were still able to get a clear picture of how well the program works. With a familiar layout and simple, efficient results, we highly recommend Checkbook to anyone who needs help balancing a checkbook.
Checkbook is an electronic checkbook register. You enter transactions into Checkbook just as you would on your paper version. But instead of pulling out your calculator each month and struggling with the chore of balancing your checkbook, mark off the items in Checkbook that are shown on your monthly statement and Checkbook will calculate it for you. Without the learning curve of a complicated accounting program, you get the job done. In addition to many other features, Checkbook has the option of password protection. Download a free trial version of Checkbook that you can use indefinitely! Published by Dataware.
What's new in this version: Maintenance update.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your checking accounts with ease.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Track and manage your financial gains with ease.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize, manage, and correct your financial accounting data.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Stay on top of your financial situation.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Keep track of bills, credit cards, and bank accounts.
- Enhance your accounting or business-oriented software.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Manage your everyday spending and monthly outgoings.
- View the household budget and check your checkbook balance.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Keep track of your personal finances with this digital version ...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Create e-mail financial reports from QuickBooks.
- Manage your personal financial information.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The full version to get it to work satisfactorily."
Version: Checkbook 4.12
Simple to use. I don't use my paper check register anymore. I make my entries in this checkbook now. I also like the password protection.
None that I could find.
The trial version is not very useful but the full version works to my satisfaction.