From Dan Frakes:
One of the most common questions users of Mac OS X ask is "How do I change my short username?" Although OS X provides a simple interface -- the Accounts pane of System Preferences -- for changing a user's long name, there's been no easy way to change the short name of an account once it is created. Until now, that is.
ChangeShortName is an easy-to-use utility that does the dirty work involved in changing the short name of a user's account in Mac OS X (versions 10.4.x and 10.3.x). It can also repair some problems that occur when a user has attempted to change their short username manually and done so incorrectly. For safety, it backs up the NetInfo database beforehand.
Changing your short username is a serious procedure, but ChangeShortName makes doing so easier and safer.
ChangeShortName is "donationware" by James Bucanek and Dan Frakes. Be sure to read the included documentation before using it.
What's new in this version:
- Complete rewrite of the ChangeShortName Helper application, which has been renamed ChangeShortName (i.e., without the "Helper"). The new version is a Cocoa application with a new interface that's easier to use and provides more - and more useful - information and feedback. The downside of this rewrite is that the ChangeShortName application is no longer compatible with Mac OS X 10.2.x; users of Jaguar will need to use the standalone changeshortname.command script.
- ChangeShortNa... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- View & edit nearly all aspects of OS X preferences database.
- Screen capture utility.
- Add and delete share points like in Finder.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Display messages written to the console or any log file.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Hierarchical tool for notes, ideas, to-do lists.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Get info tool with batch mode & contextual menu.
- Convert 3D models into icons.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.