CNET Editors' note: This is a very large (187MB) file and may take several hours to download via dial-up modem.
CNET Editors' reviewIt takes more than good cooking to run a successful restaurant; fanatical attention must be paid to every dollar spent. This feature-packed, but somewhat unreliable, application aims to help food-service professionals squeeze the maximum profit out of their kitchens. Calcmenu 2004 Chef's tabbed interface includes several features that for creating menus and controlling food cost. The Merchandise function and Recipe Creator let you create, search, and modify recipes, obtain ingredient lists, and calculate food cost percentages. Another helpful feature is the ability to attach three pictures to each recipe for menu standardization and training. The calculation function allows users to figure their profit margin and selling price. Other features include Recipe Exchange, Nutrient Calculation, Menu Planning, and Shopping List. Professional chefs, caterers, and restaurateurs will appreciate Calcmenu 2004 Chef's ability to easily standardize menus, define portion sizes, and track inventory to control costs. The downside? A hefty download size and some disturbing stability issues. Also, be aware that the program needs Microsoft's free SQL Server Desktop Engine to run. We wouldn't bet the business on this just yet, but a few improvements would make that prospect a lot easier to stomach.
EGS CALCMENU Chef is a Professional Recipe-Management Software that has user-friendly features to manage merchandise & recipes that are designed to make foodservice professionals intricate task easier and faster! It is packed with helpful & useful features like recipe creation, recipe costing, merchandise management, nutrient calculation, printing of recipe cards with pictures, recipe resizing, sub-recipes, baker's percentage. You can also enjoy free recipes that come when you purchase the license. It is ideal for foodservice professionals, like chefs, culinary arts students, caterers, F&B Managers & other food enthusiasts who are looking for the most complete solution for recipe management, yet at a very affordable price.
What's new in this version: Version 10.7 may include unspecified updates and enhancements
More Products to Consider
- Organize your recipes and generate shopping lists.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Organize, e-mail, and print your recipes.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Organize your recipes, ingredients, and food shopping.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Manage all your recipes with ease.
- Create shopping list, find cheapest store, print, send to your ...
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Store all your recipes, automatically generate your weekly menu...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Write a shopping list on your PC.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Store, search, and manage your favorite recipes.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Maintain a database of addresses and print envelopes.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Read, print, and share various recipes.
- Save money on your monthly grocery bill.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1