From Peter Hosey:
This application shows the current CPU usage in a floating rectangular meter, or in your Dock icon, or both. This information is useful for determining how hard your computer is being worked. Your computer may behave slowly or run hot when the processor is being worked hard.
The text is completely transparent, and the opacity of the meter's background is directly tied to the CPU usage (for example, the backdrop of the meter in the screenshot is 63% opaque). Also, if you have more than one processor, the meter will have multiple cells, and in each one, the CPU number will be shown below the percentage.
What's new in this version:
- Snapping windows
- Use the opacity slider in the Color Panel instead of having a separate one (I don't know why I did it that way)
- Sparkle software-update mechanism (using r150 of Sparkle SVN trunk, from before its move to a Bazaar repository)
- More and better animations
Fixed in version 0.5:
- Drawing really is multi-threaded now, meaning that CPU Usage's own load should now be better distribut... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Send personalized HTML-based emails to a huge amount of recipie...
- Online backup using Amazon S3.
- Light-weight RSS reader built with RubyCocoa.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Context-aware instant messenger.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- RPG dice roller & hierarchical note taker.
- Alarm clock app with simplicity in mind.
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Protect confidential files and folders with one click for unaut...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Widget keeps track of CPU usage.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: