CNET Editors' review
CLC bio's Sequence Viewer is a free tool for basic bioinformatics analysis. It offers many of the features and capabilities of the publisher's high-end science software, such as the ability to perform many bioinformatics analyses, including interactive restriction site analysis, creating and editing alignments, phylogenetics, integrated GenBank searches, and advanced DNA to protein translation. It also carries over the premium utilities' sophisticated data management and exporting capabilities as well as compatibility with a wide range of platforms and file formats. It offers a continuously evolving lab-grade application in a compact, easy-to-use format that can access many integrated research tools and databases.
The program's main interface features the familiar businesslike Windows layout, with a toolbar that lists common menu items such as File, Edit, and Help as well as program-specific menus like Workspace. There's a main pane view and left-hand side panes with tree views of the Navigation Area and Toolbox. Sequence Viewer's standout feature is its views, which clearly depict the results of complex genetic sequences, statistics, and enzyme analysis in colorful graphics that can be exported into a staggering array of formats. It also imports external data. Sophisticated reporting features simplify publishing data in papers.
Sequence Viewer is freeware that works with all recent versions of Windows up to Vista. It's easy to use, but it requires specific knowledge to make proper use of it. For geneticists, biologists, and especially students, however, it's a versatile, compatible lab-grade research tool.
From CLC bio:
CLC Sequence Viewer is a free software workbench for basic bio informatics, enabling users to make a large number of bio informatics analysis, combined with smooth data management, and excellent graphical viewing and output options. Some of the many bio informatics analysis are: interactive restriction site analysis, creating and editing alignments, phylogenetics, integrated GenBank searches, and advanced DNA to protein translation.
What's new in this version: Version 6.8.1 adds Legal and Tabloid formats for printing.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Perform DNA and protein sequence analysis on your PC.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Perform advanced analysis of protein sequence.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Predict PCR primers and TAQMAN probes.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Make a large number of advanced protein sequence analysis.
- Convert a DNA text or protein sequence to a MIDI file.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Perform advanced RNA sequence analysis on your PC.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Assemble, align, and edit contigs for DNA sequences.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Get an application based on Hindu mythology.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Recover lost music, pictures, and video files from your iPod.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Build your own screensaver even if you possess no computer prog...
- Play checkers with Japanese-inspired graphics and music.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2