CNET Editors' review
CLC bio's Sequence Viewer is a free tool for basic bioinformatics analysis. It offers many of the features and capabilities of the publisher's high-end science software, such as the ability to perform many bioinformatics analyses, including interactive restriction site analysis, creating and editing alignments, phylogenetics, integrated GenBank searches, and advanced DNA to protein translation. It also carries over the premium utilities' sophisticated data management and exporting capabilities as well as compatibility with a wide range of platforms and file formats. It offers a continuously evolving lab-grade application in a compact, easy-to-use format that can access many integrated research tools and databases.
The program's main interface features the familiar businesslike Windows layout, with a toolbar that lists common menu items such as File, Edit, and Help as well as program-specific menus like Workspace. There's a main pane view and left-hand side panes with tree views of the Navigation Area and Toolbox. Sequence Viewer's standout feature is its views, which clearly depict the results of complex genetic sequences, statistics, and enzyme analysis in colorful graphics that can be exported into a staggering array of formats. It also imports external data. Sophisticated reporting features simplify publishing data in papers.
Sequence Viewer is freeware that works with all recent versions of Windows up to Vista. It's easy to use, but it requires specific knowledge to make proper use of it. For geneticists, biologists, and especially students, however, it's a versatile, compatible lab-grade research tool.
From CLC bio:
CLC Sequence Viewer is a free software workbench for basic bio informatics, enabling users to make a large number of bio informatics analysis, combined with smooth data management, and excellent graphical viewing and output options. Some of the many bio informatics analysis are: interactive restriction site analysis, creating and editing alignments, phylogenetics, integrated GenBank searches, and advanced DNA to protein translation.
What's new in this version: Version 6.8.1 adds Legal and Tabloid formats for printing.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Display DNA sequence traces in a scalable multi-pane view.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Make a large number of advanced protein sequence analysis.
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Perform DNA and protein sequence analysis on your PC.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Manage basic bio informatics analysis and data combined with gr...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Analyze the reports produced by the NCBI's BLAST sequence datab...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Browser with new shapes.
- Monitor your spouse, child computer activity.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2