CNET Editors' reviewAlthough you can find less-restrictive and more-sophisticated CD rippers, this program offers enough basic functionality to get the job done. The nonresizable interface won't wow anyone with its pedestrian design, but its few buttons mean you won't waste time learning to use this program. Buzzsaw CD Ripper converts tracks into WAV, MP3, and OGG files, but neglects the popular WMA codec, a format supported by most similar applications. The program demonstrated decent speed in our tests, encoding a five-minute track in about a minute. Buzzsaw CD Ripper can retrieve track and artist information from online databases and lets you configure the audio quality of the output files. We were glad to see support for the space-saving VBR mode, but we wished the trial version allowed you to convert more than 15 tracks. You could get stuck with a far-worse ripping program, but you can certainly do better.
Encode your entire CD library. Buzzsaw CD Ripper is an industry-leading, full-featured, easy to use Windows CD ripper. It will download artist, album and song information from the Internet as it encodes. It will automatically create folders and write ID3 tags based on this information as well as name each MP3, Ogg Vorbis or WAV as it encodes. With Buzzsaw CD Ripper you can quickly and easily digitize your entire music CD collection. You can take your music with you: on your digital music player - or play the music on your computer. Buzzsaw is also great for making backups of your CD collection.
Version 3.2 features a number of performance enhancements and minor bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Extract audio from CDs and output it as MP3, WAV, OGG, or RAW f...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Play a variety of audio file formats and save streaming audio.
- Extract and encode CD audio to MP3 format.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert MP3 files into WAV format to burn your own CDs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert CD audio tracks into MP3, OGG, or WAV files.
- Manipulate multiple audio file formats with this open-source en...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert batches of WAV files to the MP3/OGG file format.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Rip audio CD tracks into WMA, MP3, OGG, VQF, FLAC, APE, and WAV...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Convert files of different formats, rip and play CDs, and recor...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Does what it promises"
Version: Buzzsaw CD Ripper 3.2
easy to use
no cons so far
"Excellent, no-nonsense ripper"
Version: Buzzsaw CD Ripper 3.2
Easy to use, easy to configure, really fast, trial lets you actually TRY OUT the product; inexpensive; worth every dime
Haven't encountered any cons yet