CNET Editors' review
A good-looking business card can be the difference between being taken seriously and coming off as an amateur. With BusinessCards MX you could go either way; although it has some snazzy templates and it's not difficult to create an attractive card, there's the potential for sloppy formatting and bad design.
The program's interface is attractive and quite intuitive, and most users should be able to start making their business cards within moments of first launching the program. BusinessCards MX presents three choices to start with: users can open a template, launch the design wizard, or go directly to the editing interface. The program comes with a variety of templates that are organized by category, including animals, beauty, education, and medical, as well as templates that include some design elements but aren't profession-specific. For the most part these templates are attractive, but some of the themes include some pretty goofy-looking clip art that doesn't exactly scream, "I'm a professional." The program's design wizard lets users choose a layout for the card's text and then manually add backgrounds, images, and other elements. We liked the wizard--it was quite easy to use--but we did note that the address layout seemed to follow the Polish convention of putting the city before the street address. This can be fixed by manually dragging and dropping address elements to rearrange them on the card, but that can create imprecise spacing between elements and lead to a sloppy look if users aren't careful. The editor feature lets users create business cards freehand, a nice touch for those who are a little more comfortable with basic graphic design. The program's built-in Help file is brief but adequate. Overall, BusinessCards MX didn't knock our socks off, but it's not a bad choice for creating basic business cards without a lot of fuss.
BusinessCards MX installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of BusinessCards MX 3.99. The trial version has watermark on output.
BusinessCards MX software is used to design and print business cards. The process of designing is based on inserting ready for use elements accessible in the program such as figures, images, the background, and shifting them on the prepared project. The program has the possibility of saving data about a company or people so that it can be used later while designing a business card.
What's new in this version: Version 4.89 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Design and print your own professional-looking business cards.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Design a professional-looking business card, print high-resolut...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Design and print great looking business cards quickly and easil...
- Print labels, envelopes, invitations, business cards, personali...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Design and print business cards, postcards, letterheads, and ot...
- Design and print your own business cards with logo from profess...
- Design professional-looking business cards and print them on an...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Make professional prints of address labels, letterheads, flyers...
- Design, publish, and print professional business cards.
- Convert a multi-contact vCard file (such as from Smartphone) to...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create greeting cards, invitations, clipart, business cards, br...
- Create business cards, letterhead, envelopes, and labels.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Great Program & Easy to use!!!"
Version: BusinessCards MX 4.5
A ton of examples and your able to use a picture of your choosing
If your starting a small business and need cards this is EXACTLY what you want!!!
Version: BusinessCards MX 4.02
I made some nice cards with this programm
I paid for this and when I moved to Windows 7 it stopped working. I was told to reload but couldn't.
"Good but the price is $10 higher than listed on CNET"
Version: BusinessCards MX 3.99
Very flexible when it comes to designing, you don't feel like you are locked into a box.
Programs got some problems, which seems to be resolved by restarting the application.
I really liked this software, but I was a bit sticker shocked when I went to buy it and found that they really wanted $39.95 for it instead of the $29.95 that's listed on CNET.
"Very poor customer service"
Version: BusinessCards MX 3.30
It looks like it would be easy if you could get it registered so you could use it. But I want to cancel my order since I can't register it, I don't need it and will go elsewhere.
I do not like the customer service and want to cancel the order. I need the cards right away. The software won't let me register and I can not get help.
"Really nice for the price!"
Version: BusinessCards MX 3.30