CNET Editors' review
Business Appointment Manager (BAM) from Business Management Systems is a multiuser, network-capable business software and database suite that bundles scheduling, billing, customer contact, and a variety of reporting tools. The program can help coordinate appointments and other important events and actions, everything from ordering supplies and reserving conference rooms to sales, client meetings, and purchasing, helping to reduce wasteful duplication and conflicts like double-booking. It also integrates billing, customer relations, and business-planning tools, all in one comprehensive, shared interface.
When you install BAM, you have the option of installing the full program, which includes SQL Server components, or just the client, depending on the target PC and network environment. We opted for a full installation, which was extensive but quick and well managed. BAM opens with an interactive quick start display with tabs for opening or starting a database as well as some excellent examples and a highly recommended Learn More tab with instructions and assistance. However, BAM is surprisingly easy to start with. We quickly created a new database using the program's wizard and proceeded to the main interface, where we entered our basic data. At first glance, BAM's stylish interface seems busy, though it's actually quite businesslike. The basic Windows file menu/navigation pane/main window layout is colorfully skinned with clearly labeled and configured controls, dialogs, icons, tabs, and tree views. Since BAM integrates an entire business suite, it does more than we can adequately describe, but every feature we tried functioned without a hitch. A couple of extras we commend are the Export to Excel button on the toolbar and the Outline tool on the List tab.
Business Appointment Manager is optimized for appointment-based businesses, but its scheduling, billing, and customer relations management features make it valuable to a wide range of users. Its attractive, efficient environment seems a pleasant place to spend the workday, too.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Business Appointment Manager 2.0. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
Business Appointment Manager incorporates scheduling, billing, customer management, and flexible reporting tools into one easy-to-use, multi-user, network program. Appointment Scheduling: Business Appointment Manager lets everyone in the office review, schedule, and manage service providers' appointments -- on one screen! Through a simple, familiar interface you can change and juggle appointments for countless staff, service groups, rooms, resources, vehicles and inventory. Schedule people, rooms, equipment, and resources - avoid double-booking.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0 simplyfies installation and gives you more power, more control and more flexibility to schedule appointments without spending a lot of time.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Create, manage, and share multiple calendars on different compu...
- Schedule rooms, equipment, staff, and other resources in your o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Manage all your customer service needs.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage contacts and share schedules in your office.
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Schedule, store, and manage customer records in your network.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Integrate advanced calendars into your Web site.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Create and share calendars and contacts on any PC, phone, and t...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Manage customer requests and schedule appointments.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Calculate your budget and total hours.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Create calendars, appointments, notes, and contacts and share t...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Finally- software that merges contacts and calendar."
Version: Business Appointment Manager 2.0
Clean interface that is fairly customizable, simple to learn usage, and unlike other software I've tested- no double typing to create a printable appointment calendar showiing chosen customer information (name, phone, address, etc) on a calendar.
Custom field can be made, but use no date math, and poor ability to utilize custom fields in reports and sorts. The month view isn't very useful, shows just hours used and available. Seems a bit expensive for what it does, although it works well.
I tried a bunch of software, looking for an improved replacement for my old Palm Desktop software in my small service business. Time and Chaos seemed the closest, but has a clunky interface that requires double typing just to make a usable calendar with my customer's address and phone numbers showing. I've requested Chaos software add this feature for a year and they say "they'll consider it"! Even though Customer Appointment Manager costs 6 times more, it is worth it for me... so far I've experienced a well thought out package that is customizable just enough to make things work for me, without fuddling through lots of options and menus I don't need. I have version 5- their tech support had been good and says a new version will be released late 2010, which will hopefully address the lack of date and sorting options related to the custom fields.This review was posted incorrectly... it was intended for another software package "Customer Appointment Manager"
Updated on Oct 1, 2010