From NCH Software:
Stream live and pre-recorded audio over the web with BroadWave streaming audio server. Create your own radio station and broadcast events for listeners over the Internet. It handles all the technical details of serving audio so it can be played by a listener in any default media player on Windows, Linux or Mac OS X. Serve up to 8 live streams and an unlimited number of pre-recorded files. Streaming Audio Features: * Plays automatically in almost all popular browsers. * Up to 8 different live audio streams can be served from the single PC * Unlimited number of pre-recorded audio files can be served. * View the number of listeners for each live stream. * Super efficient and optimized server design means that, if you have the bandwidth, up to 500 simultaneous connections can be served on one PC. * Automatically downsamples audio for lower bitrate listens on slow dial-up connections. * Static recordings can be loaded in a number of formats including wav, mp3, aiff, au, wma, aac and over 20 other formats. Purchase with other NCH Software for greater savings. About NCH Software: NCH Software offers more than 80 easy-to-use audio, video, business, and telephony/VoIP software solutions that improve productivity and usability for small businesses and consumers. Focused on specific needs, they produce software with all the bells and whistles of typical brands, but without the complexity. NCH Software provides users with what they need at a price they can afford. This approach generates more than four million unique visitors and nearly three million downloads per month from the company's website -- NCH Software
What's new in this version: General updates and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Broadcast streaming audio across the Internet.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Record any sounds from your computer as WAV and MP3 files.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Record audio from any port of audio hardware.
- Stream multi-channel live media over the Internet.
- Broadcast audio stream in various formats on the internet.
- Record and edit audio from games, video, and phone calls.
- Find Web addresses and URLs despite common formatting mistakes.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 13 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"WORKS! EASY! Can you say that about Icecast or WinAmp?"
Version: BroadWave Streaming Audio Server 1.27
WORKS! I am surprised to see the 'novice' comments on here. This software could not be more easier to configure (I could not get icecase or winamp to work at all, let alone stream audio to my website). Let me help you all out:
1. Install. (The trial version is free for 14 days)
2. Click Options, (uncheck run when computer starts, if desired)
3. Configure your compression, I used 32 for both, 16 and 8 is kinda scratchy.
To stream on the web, you will need a domain name if you do not have a static IP on the outside internet, no-ip.com is free. Novices: google this to see how to set up static IP's and port forwarding.
4. Novices and some 'Advanced users' that I have seen on here: Click the live tab and edit the default My Broadwave stream, your sound in device is what you set to stream sound from your sound card in your computer. Open your computer volume controls and select 'recording', then select the object you want the sound to stream from (microphone, line in, cd, etc).
It is quite pricy, but you do get a license key that is yours forever DON'T LOSE IT! They are based in Australia, but so far I have not needed any support.
Now I have had to do some research to get this to stream to different web browsers. The '.mp3' seems to work on most browsers that I have tested (Chrome, Iphone4,4s,5, IE 7,8,9,10) Remember: many mobile devices ignore 'auto play' (google this for explanation). I will share my code below that you need to put in your default document. I used port 10002 (because the my main site is on port 10000 (http://mikiecam.sytes.net:10000).
The fallback section is for web browsers that can't play mp3's. I used google's flash player (you can try others).
Press play for sound:
<audio controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay" height="32" width="320">
<source src="http://mikiecam.sytes.net:10002/broadwavelow.mp3" type="audio/mpeg" />
<!-- Fallback -->
width="320" height="32" quality="best"> </embed>