BookLightning is a Mac OS X 10.5 native utility for imposing PDF files into booklets, either for further processing or to print directly on a duplex or non-duplex printer. Operation couldn't be simpler: just drop a PDF file on the BookLightning icon, and it will create a new PDF with the pages of the original file arranged on sheets ready for folding and stapling. BookLightning does its job very quickly, generating the new PDF file typically takes less than a second.
In order to create a booklet that will be created by printing on and folding letter size paper ( 8.5 x 11 ), set up your original document's page size to half that size: 5.5 x 8.5. This is exactly the size that the individual pages will appear at in the final booklet, because two of them have to fit on each side of the letter size sheets. For users with ISO "A"-style paper sizes, just drop down one size from the size of the paper you will be printing on.
What's new in this version: Version 1.7.5 restores some functionality lost due to Mac AppStore compliance.
More Products to Consider
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows, part of iLife '11.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create, alter and manipulate photos.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Create, edit, and enhance images.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- PDF, PostScript & image viewer.
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Manage, edit, and print your pics with a full-featured photo ap...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Print directly to PDF files.
- Impose QuarkXPress 6 documents in 2 or 4 up flats.
- Prepare files for print-shop printing.
- Canon scanner software.
- Converts dropped image files into JPEG format.