From Limit Point Software:
Blue Crab Lite is a an app that you use to copy a web site to your computer easily. With Blue Crab Lite you can download all the linked content including HTML, PDF, graphics, video, file archives, etc. automatically. And then you can search or browse the downloaded site without any internet connection.
Starting with a single URL Blue Crab Lite begins traversing the site by following the links on the textual pages it finds, HTML, CSS, etc. Blue Crab Lite does not stray off the domain of the starting URL, so it won't get lost. It knows how to stop because it never downloads the same URL twice, it knows what has alreadty been downloaded.
- Completeness. Unique URL finding methods yield very complete downloads compared to other products.
- Browse Offline. Downloaded web sites can be browsed offline, because the links in each page have been relinked to point to the proper files now on disk.
- Easy to use. Tool tips exist on all user interface items for learning the program quickly.
- Protocols. Supports both HTTP and secure HTTPS.
- Offsite links. You can allow the app to download resources it finds on other domains, improving the display of pages offline. Select the option "Grab Offsite URLs" in preferences.
- Stay in folder. You can restrict Blue Crab Lite to a subset of the given website using the convenient "stay in folder" option available in every grabber window. This restricts the crawl to URLs whose path must begin with the same path as the starting URL.
- Subdomains. You can enable Blue Crab Lite to move across "second level" parts of a domain it finds, such as from "www.site.com" to "images.site.com." Select the option "Allow Secondary Domains" in preferences.
- Search. The built-in directory search engine displays found files as a hierarchical list that matches the structure of the site, with double-clickable entries to open and view them in the appropriate application.
- QuickLook icons. Search results may be clicked for a quick look at the file preview as a small QuickLook icon.
- Spotlight index. Use the QuickLook preview window to access the files index of words it contains.
- Progress. In addition to displaying detailed progress in a window, Dock badging provides visual feedback of progress when the program is in the background.
What's new in this version:
Various improvements to the Search window (accessed from the "Grab & Search" menu.)
- A QuickLook document preview window has been added to the Search facility. After a search is conducted and search results are presented in the hierarchical view, single click on an item to open the QuickLook viewer. (On Mac OS X 10.4 the preview will simply be the files icon, since QuickLook is only available on Mac OS X 10.5 and above.)
- Use the QuickLook window to display the list of w... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Web browser.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Image thumbnailer, viewer, slideshow...
- Versatile link collection manager.
- Imports online bookmarks from del.icio.us to Safari.
- Copy title of browser's window & access bookmarks from menu bar...
- Safari extension that enables search shortcuts from the address...
- Monitor web page contents for search terms, emailing results pe...
- Aggregate files into subfolders based on attributes like file t...
- Serve files and URLs to Apple TV.