CNET Editors' note: Download.com has removed the direct-download link following the publisher's request and offers this page for informational purposes only.
CNET Editors' review
Do the blahs of winter get you down, and do warm, sandy, exotic locales sound appealing? Do you enjoy games that have a simple, fun premise? Games that involve skill-based competition and minimal rules instead of maze-like scenarios, heavy weaponry, and kegs of blood? How do you feel about bikini-clad athletes and Italian supermodels? If "all of the above" sounds familiar, you might be a Beach Volley Hot Sports fan and not even know it. It's a beach volleyball sim from Idoru that relies on accurate play based on the real sport's official rules instead of elaborate virtual worlds or violent action, though action it does have. You can play multiple teams in different scenarios and change the appearance and abilities of your players. Winning tournaments unlocks additional content, and a LAN options makes real team play possible.
The program isn't a small download, but a standard Windows installer makes a quick job of installing the program and, if you lack them, necessary Microsoft DirectX components. The game's action is simple, just a volleyball game with some configurable options, but it's much more than a bikini-clad version of Pong played against a sand-colored background. You can configure 12 different teams and compete in six different scenarios. The hardest part may be deciding among 30 swimsuit styles for your teams.
Beach Volley Hot Sports works in Windows versions up to Vista. The free trial version has a one-day/two-use limit, but it costs only $5.99 to buy, less than chips and soda for a LAN party.
This game allows you to play with 12 teams on 6 different scenarios. You can change the appearance of your athletes more than 30 different swimsuits. Beach Volley Hot Sports is based on the official playing rules, which makes the game realistic and captivating. If you want to unlock the additional content, you have to win the tournaments proposed. Challenge your friends with the LAN option and make them know who is the real king of the beach.
What's new in this version: Version 1.0 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Add a Web browser plug-in for accessing rich interactive applic...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Manage a baseball franchise shrewdly as you strive for league s...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Take full control over RAR and ZIP archives, along with unpacki...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Manage a football club.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Construct home movies from captured digital video on your Windo...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1