CNET Editors' review
Battery Health is, as its name implies, designed to tell you about your MacBook's battery, including current capacity and current charge level. Since battery health is an important factor for many of us on the move, knowing how healthy our battery is and how long we can depend on it can help prevent losing power when you need it most. Knowing when it is going to need replacing is also a handy piece of knowledge.
Battery Health is a small utility that installs quickly and easily. When launched the first time, Battery Health asks if you want to run it at startup each time (a good idea). The interface is straightforward. A small dialog window shows the current charge level, total battery capacity (both original and current in mAh), the amount of time remaining on battery power at current draw levels and with some typical apps running, as well as some specifications about the battery (including age, number of deep cycles, power usage, and temperature). A little graph at the bottom shows ongoing usage. The predicted usage is pretty accurate. For example, on our system Battery Health predicted just over 6 hours of battery life playing music, and our MacBook Pro got within 4 percent of that prediction.
Battery Health is one of those useful little apps that you probably won't use every day, but when you do need it, you'll find it gives you all the relevant information with nothing superfluous added. By continually monitoring your battery, you can avoid expensive battery replacements and get a good feel for expected battery life on a charge, something that can be handy information to possess.
With Battery Health, you can easily see all the important information about your MacBook's battery, such as current charge level, battery capacity, power usage, number of times it has been charged and much more.
Be sure to check out the 'Tips' section within the app to learn a host of useful ways to improve the life of your MacBook's battery.
What's new in this version:
- Improved menubar functionality.
- Small bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Monitor laptop battery health.
- Schedule and manage battery calibrations for MacBooks and MacBo...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- The Mac Laptop Battery Maintenance Utility helps you keep your ...
- Data recovery software.
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Menu bar app that displays advanced information about the state...
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Battery information tool for MacBook/Pro/Air.
- Shows color-coded battery status & charge.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Graph battery charge, cycles, capacity over time.
- Create reports about your computer and any connected power sour...
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1