CNET Editors' review
Batch PPTX to PPT Converter offers a simple and fast way to change a PowerPoint's file type. With an impressively simple layout, even novice users will be able to use this program.
The program's interface is so basic we found a few seconds of experimentation to be faster than reading the instructional Help file. With only a few command buttons, even those who've never converted a file before could master this program. We were able to choose a single file, multiple files, or an entire folder to convert. The files were listed on a large screen that showcased the new file type and location once the conversion was complete. We appreciated that the program didn't offer any choices for conversion. PPT files were converted to PPTX and vice versa, with no options to alter those choices. The files went to their assigned destination and the data on each PowerPoint was intact. However, we were disappointed the conversion took over a minute, as we expected it to happen instantly. The program's best special feature, a search engine, helped us track down files we didn't know the locations of. While the conversion was slow, it was not enough to prevent this simple and effective tool from winning us over.
Batch PPTX to PPT Converter has a 7-day trial. It has layout all users can navigate and produces excellent results. We recommend it.
From Batchwork Software:
Batch PPTX to PPT Converter is a PowerPoint PPT to PPTX, PPTX to PPT batch converter that can convert PPT to PPTX and PPTX to PPT easily. Batch PPTX to PPT Converter supports powerful search for batch files. Batch PPTX to PPT Converter supports project and command line. Batch PPTX to PPT Converter has a friendly GUI so it is used very easily. Batch PPTX to PPT Converter supports an efficient multi-thread conversion engine. So you could control the conversion action very easily. You can stop or pause and continue it in any time. You can save your conversion work in a project file (.batch-ppt2ppt) for re-use. You can run the batch-ppt2ppt project in Microsoft Windows Explorer or command line directly.
More Products to Consider
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Convert PPTx to PPSx and PPSx to PPTx without Office Installed.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert Word DOC files to DOCX and DOCX files to DOC.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Convert your Power Point presentations to PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Split MP3 files by equal parts, equal time or by silence easily...
- Capture, print, and save your entire screen or its selected are...
- Convert PNG images to Windows icon resource files.
- Search for files on your computer or local network.
- Convert PPT/PPTX files to PDF format.
- Split a file into specified number of blocks or at specified un...
- Convert between image formats including RAW, resize, apply effe...
All versions:2.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"it's not 1 MB it's 37 MB!"
Version: Batch PPTX to PPT Converter 2013.5.102.1909
nothing and Cnet requires this line to be at least 10 character!
Don't be fooled by the 1 MB size it's only a installer. and try to download another 37 MB to be installed. Not an easy solution at all!
I tried to use it only because I thought it's 1 MB and I wanted a quick solution. But this is actually what happened:
-download Cnet installer
-run that and Cnet downloads 5 MB of data to download this program and try to install some other adware in the process which I refused.
-finally run that program to find out it's only a installer and it is trying to download another 37 MB of data!!
This was every thing except a quick and easy solution and I uninstalled.
Shame on you Cnet!
Version: Batch PPTX to PPT Converter 2011.3.827.1806
Not used yet
It is unbelievable, that we have to pay almost $150, for something that Microsoft should provide for free.
"Does not work"
Version: Batch PPTX to PPT Converter 2010.2.1031.1503
This does not work. I've downloaded twice. There is no support.
This does not work. There is no support.
Try something else.
"it is very useful"
Version: Batch PPTX to PPT Converter 2009.1.1201
it is very useful program
it is very useful program
"it works but hate the 7-day trial"
Version: Batch PPTX to PPT Converter 2009.1.316.1066
it works like a charm
simple to use
dunno any other then the fact that its worth 50 dollars for something that doesnt do much
it just works