CNET Editors' review
Bank Statement offers to help users monitor their various bank accounts with a basic system that looks at all the ups and downs of their financial world. The program succeeds thanks to its simple interface, but may prove to be more work than users want to put into it.
This download has a basic layout with a file tree to organize all of your various accounts and a main screen that details all of your financial moves, showcasing the date, a description, the amount of the transaction and your current balance. The program has a simple but time-consuming way to keep your transactions accurate. Users can choose between withdrawals and deposits and work their way through intuitively designed screens with pull-down menus and boxes that allow users to detail every aspect of their cashed checks, debit purchases, and more. The catch is that all this information must be entered manually, which can take time to be a factual representation of your life.
The program comes with a reasonable, 30-day trial period. As long as you stay on top of your entries, Bank Statement will certainly keep your finances in order with its fine design and simple interface. We recommend it for all users.
From Serpentine Software:
Manage and analyze your income and outcome trends while keeping immaculate records of your banking transactions. This is a check register and check book application. Charting and filtering analysis tools give good insight on how and why your money disappears so quickly. Bank Statement is designed for multiple users and their respective bank accounts within a household. Security features allow each user to set a password in order to keep their transaction records private. Users may share accounts among each other to simulate joint accounts. Each user can configure certain preferences to optimize their record keeping. This application can be used to teach younger ones about account management, budgeting, and balancing a checkbook for checking account or other financial accounts. The downloaded package will automatically install MDAC 2.7 for you if needed.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Track and manage your financial gains with ease.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Manage your finances quickly and easily, plan your budget.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create your monthly budget without needing an MBA degree to com...
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Manage your checking accounts with ease.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage your bills using the envelope method.
- Manage and categorize your monthly expenses.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Gain control of your finances and track your financial activity...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage personal finances, reduce wasteful spending, increase sa...
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Keep track of your expenses and manage your budget.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage every aspect of your video or DVD rental business.
- View the household budget and check your checkbook balance.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Account tracking software"
Version: Bank Statement 2.0
This is a very easy to understand interface and it allows tracking any reasonable number of accounts at any number of institutions.
This program is so good at what it is intended to do that I have nothing to criticize.
Although it is relatively simple, it is effective and pleasant to use. I would recommend this program to anyone that has any form of finances to track as it is easily managed. And the rest of the story is that the author is available to solve any problems that you may think that you have and he responds more rapidly than any other software designer/developer that I have ever seen. That alone is worth the price, and the price is relatively small for a program of this quality and breadth. The interface may take a couple of minutes to understand, but only a couple of minutes and you don't need an inch thick manual to discover what it does and how to use it. The program is for use with accounts, that is, bank accounts, just like its name and it does that job better than any other similar program that I have ever used. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone that wants a good, easy to use, reliable bank account tracking program, and as a matter of fact, whatever problems that I have had are a result of my own inattention. I asked for a little help in migrating the program from one computers hard drive to another and the author provided detailed instructions that did exactly what I needed to accomplish, and with ease. This program is somewhat like a lot of those that are written by independent developers that have a similar need for their own use and then they market it thinking that they may be able to also get a small amount of renumeration for the effort and in this case it is one of the most useful of those that I have ever seen, and I have been fooling with these things, (computers), for well over 35 years. I have used a lot of software in that time, and this one deserves every accolade that it garners!!!
"In-depth bank account tracking software, with graphical analysis."
Version: Bank Statement 2.0
Very nice user interface. Allows multiple accounts. Good filter and search features. Allows user to password protect accounts which is nice. Also has graphical analysis of spending habits. Does Require .Net framework. Overall a good bank account program, worth the $10 bucks.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: