CNET Editors' review
BS1 Enterprise Accounting with Manufacturing provides a comprehensive look at all accounting aspects for a small business. While it is a great product, users must decide if it is better than the free version.
The program's interface initially surprised us, as it was a simple toolbar on our desktop. However, the Help file's instructions explained that this was actually an intuitive way of managing various aspects of finance. We were able to build and view all imaginable aspects of our business, from Accounts Payable and Receivable, to Stock, Orders, and Manufacturing. All popped up in small grid-like screens that laid out each item and described its financial impact to that department. We were able to add, remove and edit items and information at will and loved the program's filter feature, which let us view only specific items in each window. However, we didn't see a huge difference between this program and BS1's free accounting program. The Manufacturing window was the only new addition and is really only a necessity for monitoring the production of an item. All other users might steer clear of this program for its free cousin.
BS1 Enterprise Accounting with Manufacturing has a 30-day trial. It leaves folders behind after uninstall. While we loved its flexibility and ease, we only recommend this program for users who absolutely need the Manufacturing option. All other users should try the freeware version.
From Davis Software:
BS1 Enterprise Accounting with Manufacturing is a manufacturing, distribution, and accounting software that perform accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, inventory, purchase orders, sales orders, quotes, manufacturing, and sales analysis. Sales orders may be entered as quotes and printed for customer approval, picking slips printed, orders confirmed, bills of lading printed, and backorders tracked. Manufacturing orders default to the product standard component items and resources, which you can then change for substitutions or running on a different machine if one is overbooked.
Bills of materials may be printed for the plant personnel showing the materials and resources to be used. Tracks WIP and actual usage vs. standard. Scheduling of shipments, purchasing, and manufacturing are facilitated by a report showing current inventory levels, sales orders, purchase orders, and manufacturing orders. Customization and Delphi source code is available.
What's new in this version: Version 2013.7 includes improved Windows compatibility.
More Products to Consider
- Manage orders, inventory, and accounting.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep full track of inventory, from purchasing to sales with rep...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Manage and organize all important parts of your business.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Deploy a database system for enterprise workgroup automation, m...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage manufacturing processes, forecast material shortage in t...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Enhance your inventory with purchase, customer orders, works or...
- Manage your accounting, bill customers, and pay vendors.
- Manage financial aspects of your business.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Organize inventory management and accounting of your company.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage your business accounting and other vital information.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Take care of your accounting, project tracking, and inventory n...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1