Date Added:Jun. 03, 2004
Downloads Last Week:134
- Cnet's malware was installed before Autofresher was.
- Mobogenie malware was installed
- My PC Backup malware was installed
I agreed to Cnet's ToS so I guess that gives them permission to install malware
Cnet used to be great. Sucks biggy timey nowy
Reply by CrouZ on March 17, 2015
I agree. I have trained myself to resist the urge to press the large green download button and instead look for the tiny "Direct Download Link". This is, however, a CNet issues, not an issue with the reviewed application.
Easy to install, it works.
None found in brief use so far.
Useful add-on, especially if you are recording webcams that freeze.
It does work
Bar takes up too much space. Does not take into account screen saver.
Without screen saver refresh, not of value to me.
Small, easy to install
After installed, you have to look hard for it to activate. Only works on IE.
Does exactly as intended. I use this to update the stock page so I won't have to shell out $16 a month for E-Trade's premium service. I have a few other pages that log me out that this puts an end to. NOTE: after installing on IE8, follow these steps: RIGHT-Click "Tools" from the menu bar, scroll down and select "RefresherBandClass."
Last note- be sure to turn this feature off for forms and logon screens that clear your input with each refresh!
It does what it says it does.
Data Execution Prevention sometimes says it has stopped an action, when opening a page, and closes it. Wish it wasn't a toolbar, too.
does exactly what it should do. I use it to keep from getting automatically logged out of websites.
if it refreshes while i am entering info it can mess u what i'm doing.
Cool software, simple, small, does what it should do. thanks
I t appears to resolve the challenge of keeping up with end-game eBay bidding; need an opportunity to try it out
See Bottom-line summary - this box is too small.
1. The "icon" (rectangle) placed on the toolbar is much too large, pushing aside a significant number of other toolbar icons that then have to be accessed from the dropdown list presented by clicking ">>" A small icon with a tooltip would be more palatable.
2. The activation steps described in the ReadMe text could give more guidance on where to find the Toolbar option to enable "RefresherBand Class"
3. Tried to respond to the invitation for comment in the ReadMe file with the above only to get a bounce-back from "firstname.lastname@example.org" -- Yahoo doesn't have a record of this ID.
A big thank you to the author for making it freeware.
Takes less space than it did with IE6 & Windows XP.
None. Works perfectly.
I liked the old version - the new one includes lot of junk
This new version includes lot of junks - not for me
Reply by luvthemountains on November 30, 2010
hello -- i read your review with interest. could you be more specific regarding the junk that the new version has? or do you have another refresher program that you could recommend? thanks
Select the refresh rate you want and it works. (Windows XP SP3, IE8)
None, that I can think of
I installed the Refresher on my Machine, (XP SP3, IE 8), and it installed as stated.
1) Right click IE Tool bar and select "RefresherBandClass"... A Refresh Tool bar appears.
2) Left click the Refresh tool bar and select refresh rate from drop down.
3) To kill the refresh rate: Left click the Refresh tool bar and select "Turn off Refresh"
4) Close the Refresh tool bar, by deselecting "RefresherBandClass" on the IE tool bar menu or by clicking the "X" to the right of the Refresh tool bar
Note: If you close the tool bar, by deselecting "RefresherBandClass" on the IE tool bar menu or clicking the X to the right of the Refresh tool bar without performing step 3 above, the refresh tool bar will close but the refresh rate will continue.
Add Your Review
Update Your Review
Submit Your Reply
E-mail This Review
Report Offensive Content
|Publisher web site||http://yoconsoft.hypermart.net|
|Release Date||June 03, 2004|
|Date Added||June 03, 2004|
|Subcategory||Internet Explorer Add-ons & Plugins|
|Operating Systems||Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP|
|Additional Requirements||Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP|
|Downloads Last Week||134|