CNET Editors' review
Photo-editing programs seem to come in two flavors: huge programs that provide comprehensive editing suites, and tiny utilities that have only one or two features. Auto Adjust Photo falls into this second category--or at least it would if it worked. The program promises to analyze an image and then set "the most optimal contrast/gamma and color balance for it." Unfortunately, we did not find that to be the case.
Initially, we liked the fact that Auto Adjust Photo seemed so easy to use. It installed without issues and then appeared in the context menu any time we right-clicked on an image. To test the program, we created copies of several images, ran Auto Adjust Photo on the copies, and then compared the copies to the original. Although a command-line dialog appeared that indicated that the program was doing its thing, that was the only indication that we got that Auto Adjust Photo was working. The results certainly didn't indicate that anything had happened. Side-by-side comparisons of the unedited originals and edited copies revealed absolutely no difference, even in photos that obviously needed to be color balanced. We're not sure what went wrong, and the program doesn't come with a Help file to provide any guidance. Overall, we like the idea of having a quick, well-integrated way to do quick color corrections, but Auto Adjust Photo isn't it. Skip this program and seek out a utility that actually works.
Auto Adjust Photo installs and uninstalls without issues. We do not recommend this program.
Auto Adjust Photo is a small command-line image manipulation tool that allows the user to easily correct family photos. It makes the picture look better. The program does this by analyzing the input image and then sets the most optimal contrast/gamma and color balance for it. It can be easily run on Windows platforms by right-clicking on the photo image and choosing "Auto Adjust PHOTO" from the explorer's context menu.
What's new in this version: Version 0.41 adds switch to mark the end of option list for posix compatibility and fixes some warnings given by -Wextra compile option.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Perform single image processing operations.
- Use command-line mode and automated mode to process images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Create PDF documents.
- Perform image processing and decode 1D barcodes.
- Start a new command console to access all processes.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- View previews of images in a slide show.
- Create slide shows combining digital images and audio files.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Make panoramic images from your photos.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content