Attachment Extractor for Outlook Express is a simple, yet smart tool for extracting files attached to Outlook Express e-mails. The application will help you to process an unlimited number of messages automatically without need for any manual intervention. Attachment Extractor for Outlook Express features a simple, one-window interface that displays Outlook Express local folders and the messages stored in each of them. The user can process all messages together or just selected emails that belong to a particular sender(s), receiver(s) or any specified time period. Also, the user can select to process only those messages that have a particular subject string. The application allows you to specify whether you want to extract all attachment files or look for some specific content, such as image files or files with a certain extension. Processed files can be placed into any user-defined folder together, or sorted out by an e-mail sender, e-mail address, subject or date and placed into separate subfolders. You can remove attachments from messages. This unique feature allows you to considerably reduce the size of your mailboxes and it means that Outlook Express will work much faster and become more stable. Attached files removed from messages will be saved to a separate folder on your hard disk and only shortcuts to these files will remain in messages.
In version 1.5.1 the creation time of the extracted attachment files is set to the time when the message was received. This means you will be able to sort extracted attachment files by date.
What's new in this version: In version 1.5.1 the creation time of the extracted attachment files is set to the time when the message was received. This means you will be able to sort extracted attachment files by date.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Save pictures and attachments from Outlook Express e-mails in a...
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Increase your ability to access attachments in e-mails by repla...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Add e-mailing, document proofing, and watermarking functionalit...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Store and secure your private information, images, and multimed...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Resize JPEG files to send them as e-mail attachments.
- Open and searches Outlook .MSG .EML email files.
- Get reminded to add attachments to your emails.
- Integrate auto-decoding of DLLs from any Windows programming la...
- Send any document as an e-mail attachment.
- Secure your information by encrypting e-mail attachments and ar...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Send and receive oversized attachments easily and securely.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent Product (Disagree with others)"
Version: Attachment Extractor for Outlook Express 1.5.1
1. Installs easily and follows all standard MS Windows protocols for installation and removal.
2. Interface is very intuitive.
3. Capability to filter individual emails by date range and size.
4. Ability to see emails within a folder prior to extraction.
5. Copies internal folder before extraction, works on copy, then saves that folder with an appended name so that you can review results prior to deleting the old folder.
6. Folder view in left hand pane follows same format as within Outlook Express.
7. Status bar at bottom of page shows total number of emails in a folder, folder size, number of attachments. Updates during extract process to show how many emails have been processed, number of attachments removed.
8. Ability to store attachments in any folder, auto-name folder, add links within resulting emails to the attachment locations.
9. Ability to pay with PayPal.
1. Although there is a tab to view the individual emails within a folder and sorting is functional, there could be some additional functionality added, i.e. show attachment names, attachments size or impact, etc.
2. Unread emails are marked as read in the resulting folder.
The first review titled "super junk" is very old, as all the cons listed are no longer valid. At revision 1.5.1. there is functionality for browsing to a folder, and it remembers that folder for later runs. Attachments are removed if you purchase and register the product. Without registration, all other functionality is present, so you can test the program without any difficulty. Installation is very easy and standardized to Windows, so it should be easy to test and see if it is what you are looking for.
For me, it was exactly what I was looking for, which was a means to remove all the old attachments in Outlook Express so I could compress and save space, speed up OE, and speed up our backups. I did not really need to save the attachments. So, I simply removed them to a temporary folder, then deleted the folder later. It worked perfectly and flawlessly. Money well spent.