CNET Editors' review
AsteroidRush is a basic arcade-style game in which users must destroy asteroids and other objects that threaten their spaceship. It's not very interesting, yet we found it somehow addicting in a totally mindless kind of way.
The program's interface is very simple. The player's spaceship is located in the middle of the screen and can spin around but not move from its spot. The spaceship is bombarded by asteroids (which look a lot like meatballs) and other unidentified objects from all directions. Users shoot at these threatening objects to protect themselves and earn points. Some objects confer special powers, such as a protective bubble or increased fire power. The program doesn't have a Help file so much as a screen explaining that the game's controls consist of the arrow keys. Apparently, that's all you need to know. Users who like games that progress through various environments or otherwise do something to keep themselves interesting will find that AsteroidRush does not offer much in the way of long-term entertainment. Users who like to space out for a while and blow up some asteroids will like it.
AsteroidRush is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users; it's not the most fun we've ever had, but it's not bad for a brief diversion.
From Dionel de la Cruz:
A fun and entertaining game in which, from a central position, you must pulverize all asteroids and UFO enemy ships. Blast asteroids to find power ups. Easy to play. Entertaining for hours. Use your power bomb for no way out situations. Version 1.01 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Perfect your bridge-playing skills.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Answer the quiz questions and become a millionaire like in the ...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Make words from adjacent letter tiles.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Guess a mystery word in at least 7 tries.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1