CNET Editors' review
AsteroidRush is a basic arcade-style game in which users must destroy asteroids and other objects that threaten their spaceship. It's not very interesting, yet we found it somehow addicting in a totally mindless kind of way.
The program's interface is very simple. The player's spaceship is located in the middle of the screen and can spin around but not move from its spot. The spaceship is bombarded by asteroids (which look a lot like meatballs) and other unidentified objects from all directions. Users shoot at these threatening objects to protect themselves and earn points. Some objects confer special powers, such as a protective bubble or increased fire power. The program doesn't have a Help file so much as a screen explaining that the game's controls consist of the arrow keys. Apparently, that's all you need to know. Users who like games that progress through various environments or otherwise do something to keep themselves interesting will find that AsteroidRush does not offer much in the way of long-term entertainment. Users who like to space out for a while and blow up some asteroids will like it.
AsteroidRush is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users; it's not the most fun we've ever had, but it's not bad for a brief diversion.
From Dionel de la Cruz:
A fun and entertaining game in which, from a central position, you must pulverize all asteroids and UFO enemy ships. Blast asteroids to find power ups. Easy to play. Entertaining for hours. Use your power bomb for no way out situations. Version 1.01 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Choose one of three different ships and blast asteroids.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Destroy enemy ships, asteroids, and mines in both space and ove...
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Capture earthlings in this arcade game.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play the Hollywood and Oklahoma version of Gin Rummy.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Test your knowledge of music, movies, and classic TV.
- Arrange the colorful gifts to fill up the Holiday Express train...
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Solve Sudoku style puzzles.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Compare two pictures and spot the errors.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Choose, rip, and steer the ball for the hole.
- Hit the ball and keep it from falling on your side of the court...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play a combination of poker and solitaire.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1