CNET Editors' review
Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet program helps keeps the financial world organized. Arixcel Accounts is a nifty Excel add-in that can help keep your financial world spinning on its axis. It's a personal accounting tool that tracks your bank accounts, credit cards, and other expenses and displays them in a single, easy-to-digest overview. It can import online bank statements via the Microsoft Money (OFX) and Quicken (QIF) file formats. It even has tools for tracking and analyzing your income, expenses, and other finances in a variety of categories and time frames, creating budgeting, splitting transactions, and making accruals.
If you're familiar with Excel, Arixcel Accounts will be easy to pick up, but even if you're new to spreadsheets, this tool is not difficult to master. Its controls and menus all work just like Excel, with the addition of program-specific items. The program's proprietary toolbar installs on the Excel add-ins tab. Its three buttons access the Main Menu, Active Book, and Active Sheet; these are where your current expenses and other data go. There are common entries such as food, mortgage/rent, and entertainment, but we easily added specific fields for our own fundamental needs, such as coffee budgeting and new gadgets. It's equally easy to total, average, and format specific rows and cells; generate, save, export, and print reports and data; and otherwise handle your data in the many useful ways Excel offers. We appreciate its compatibility with Quicken's QIF files, since so many consumers do their taxes and other accounting in the popular program. We also like Arixcel Accounts' ability to create a budget out of your data and then monitor it against actual results.
To use Arixcel Accounts, you must have Excel 2002 or newer, but with Office 2010 out, it's probably time to upgrade anyway if you're still running an older version. It's fully compatible with x86 versions of Vista and Windows 7, too.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Arixcel Accounts 1.28. The trial version has some features disabled.
Arixcel Accounts is an add-in (extension) to Microsoft Excel developed by Arixcel Ltd. It's main purpose is to automate many people's task of monitoring their expenses on bank accounts and credit cards. It also provides the functionality for monthly budgeting. The main features are: Transactions and balances of all your bank accounts and credit card are consolidated on a single spreadsheet. You can import bank statements into the spreadsheet from your online banking website by downloading and importing bank statements in the OFX (Microsoft Money) format. You can analyse your income and expenses by any categories and time periods.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Control and manage your income, expenses, credits, and debt dat...
- Split Microsoft Excel worksheets by selected field values into ...
- Excel 2000 Patch.
- Stock analysis & portfolio manager.
- Recover lost and forgotten passwords from password protected VB...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Create and format spreadsheets, analyze and share information t...
- Calculate and draw areas, recorded with polar measuring method.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Arixcel Accounts is not a free program."
Version: Arixcel Accounts 1.26
did not instal it.
Arixcel Accounts is not a free program.
You can try it for free, but some of its functionality will be limited until you activate it. Activation is done on a per computer basis through our web based service.
"High quality tool for Excel - clear and easy to use"
Version: Arixcel Accounts 1.21
Quality built, which is unusul for Excel programs. I haven't seen similar quality programs for Excel offered for free.
Nicely imports transactions from saved bank statements.
Does not have all the functions of things like Microsoft Money, such as multi-currency or investment accounting (if you need such things)