CNET Editors' note: This demo version adds watermark on images after trial period and burns only the first disc of an Archive Set.
Archive Creator (AC) is a Windows-based program that is designed to simplify the task of archiving large numbers of files to CD-R (and DVD in a planned update). When a group of files (the Archive Set) is too big to fit onto 1 CD-R it will automatically span the Archive Set across multiple CDs. While its design is generic in nature, the primary target market for AC is the digital photography market where the ability to easily backup 'digital negatives' (files from the camera) and processed work is critical. During the archive process, Archive Creator makes an HTML 'Web Style' Index of the image files within the Archive Set. This Index of the entire Archive Set is written onto each of the CDs in the Archive Set. All the CDs are verified to the source files at a bit for bit level. The Archive CDs are supported by both Windows and Macintosh platforms and do not require any special software to be on the host computer except a standard Internet Browser. The Index supports most file types, including JPEG, TIF, PSD, as well as RAW camera file types from Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Minolta, Fuji, Sigma, and others.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Back up your photos and images on demand or set up scheduled ba...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Archive your photos and videos to CD and DVD discs.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Locate digital photos on your hard drive and back them up on CD...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Back up your valuable data.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create disk image files from your CDs and floppy and hard disks...
- Share your digital photos as a slide show with friends and fami...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Create ISO and burn to a CD/DVD disc, rip CD and DVD to ISO.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Manage and catalog your digital photos and various images.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Convert audio files between WAV, MP3, WMA, and OGG format.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Recover deleted and erased data.
- Back up your computer files and folders to USB devices.