From Northern Softworks:
Appriority is an easy to use tool for Mac OS X that simply makes the app you're working in go faster by allowing you to optimize the CPU load on your computer. Once fully configured, Appriority works by suspending and resuming applications as you switch among them. Inactive applications can be set for suspension which will eliminate their CPU usage until you switch back to them. The benefits of this are improved performance in the application you currently have active, less battery power used while mobile, and less heat produced by your computer. The Free Market edition of Appriority also uses the renice command to put the highest priority on the active application you are currently working in. Open applications that are inactive will automatically be reniced to a lower priority. Renicing is done automatically as you switch among your open applications. (This feature is not available in the Mac App Store edition). Appriority tells you what applications are using the most cpu resources and makes it easy to bring their usage to a halt. It reports your average CPU load and more. Appriority is designed to be easy to use and makes no permanent changes to your system. Simply launch it to turn it on, and quit it to return all of your applications to normal. System Requirements: Appriority requires Mac OS X 10.4 or higher. It is compatible with both PPC and Intel platforms (Free Market edition only). Features Reports the top 10 cpu users. Reports CPU load. Reports idle time. Reports currently suspended apps. Automatically suspend inactive applications as you switch between apps. Automatically shift cpu priority of open applications. Manually suspend apps if desired. Manually resume apps if desired. Universal Binary for PPC or Intel Macs (Free Market edition only).
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Pause apps automatically to get more efficient CPU usage and in...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Check your memory and disks; monitor the health of your Mac.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Online backup using Amazon S3.
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Create images from file icons and much more.
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- Quickly view your files on iCloud.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Perform link checking, XML sitemap, HTML validity, SEO checks o...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Synchronize and back up your files/folders.
- Multiple clipboards & enhancements.
- Indicates the cpu load each application is using.
- Search for, uninstall applications and more.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Difficult to tune it up correctly"
Version: Appriority 1.1.5
the idea is good
beside still bugs 9the commands are not working in the windows as they claims) it's easier to make mistakes and blocking some necessary activity than have advantages.
It's necessary to lead the user to take good decisions or suggest some preset and clean up some not working commands.
I could make examples of confusing statement about what is suspended in a window and not in another one, what should work but is not.
But then... a good guide for the most popular and CPU sucking apps should be there (Chrome helpers, renders and other long lists of mysterious processes, most of them for sure 'suspendable' but not without risks of bad behaviours like toggling between applications
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content