CNET Editors' review
iPhoto 11 is the latest version of Apple's popular photo manipulation and sharing app. With iPhoto 11 you can touch up photos, create slideshows, organize photos in albums, and share photos quickly via social media and photo sites.
iPhoto 11 is simple to use. The interface lets you quickly upload photos from attached devices, open folders of images, or grab photos from other sources. Once you have all the photos imported, you can create albums and slideshows that act like movies, and share them with others easily. A cool new feature in iPhoto 11 called Photo Stream lets you take a picture with an iPad or iPhone and have it automatically appear in iPhoto 11! The new version also makes it easier to e-mail or upload photos. Another new feature we really like is full-screen mode, which takes up your entire display instead of using frames. Forget buying a digital photo frame: your iMac or MacBook does a better job!
iPhoto 11 is an update of a popular app and we liked the changes. Photo Stream was the one we found ourselves using a lot, especially with the higher-res cameras on today's iDevices. The editing capabilities can turn an average shot into a great shot, but that's just scratching the surface of what iPhoto 11 can do.Apple iPhoto -Organize your image library - Download Video Previews:
iPhoto gets a new look with stunning full-screen views for Events, Faces, Places, and Albums that let you take advantage of every inch of your Mac display. iPhoto also offers new ways to share and showcase your photos. You can upload your photos to your Facebook Timeline and even view friends' comments right in iPhoto. Turn your email into something really special with ten Apple-designed photo mail templates. iPhoto '11 works with iCloud Photos, so the photos you take on your iOS devices automatically appear in iPhoto, and you can share selected photos with other people. Add movement and music to your photos with one of 12 dynamic slideshow themes. iPhoto '11 introduces a new way to create professional-quality photo books quickly and easily. And new letterpress cards let you combine your photos and text with elegant imprinted designs.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes an issue that could cause print previews to render incorrectly
- Includes stability and performance improvements
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Post production tool for photographers.
- Create logos that look like a Photoshop guru spent hours labori...
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View and edit photos on Mac.
- View comic and manga images.
- Digital video editing system.
- DVD authoring tool.
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Provides simple image editing for iPhoto.
- Uploader from iPhoto to Locr community.
- IPhoto 11 gets a whole new look with stunning full-screen views...
- IPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, iDVD suite of hobbyist apps.
- Take screenshots of window or selected area.
- Export photo metadata from iPhoto.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 290 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great photo application for the average user"
Version: Apple iPhoto 9.5.1
User friendly, interfaces with Mac Mail to easily browse photos for email attachment, easy to sort and delete photos.
No option to apply photo borders.
I tried Corel Aftershot Pro on my iMac, but got frustrated with their directory (difficult to move files around) and inability to easily delete unwanted photos. I came back to iPhoto on our iMac and am very happy with it. My husband uses the Photo Browser feature with Mac Mail quite often. It's an easy way to search for and insert photos into email. Overall, iPhoto is a great user-friendly program.
"HELP ME WITH THIS. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING."
Version: Apple iPhoto 9.5.1
I had version 10.6.8 but just got version 10.9.2.3 and I CANT ACCESS MY PHOTOS ON IPHOTO. CANT ACCESS IPHOTO AT ALL. WHAT CAN I DO? WILL I LOSE ALL MY PICTURES I HAD ON MY OLD IPHOTO? WHAT TO DO????