CNET Editors' review
iDVD for Mac is Apple's DVD authoring-and-burning tool, working with internal and many external DVD burners. iDVD lets you walk through all the usual DVD creation projects, but also has Magic iDVD built in, which can handle all the most common settings automatically. It produces a burned DVD from your files with a minimum of keystrokes and operator intervention.
The iDVD interface opens with four options for creating or editing a project, using Magic iDVD, or using OneStep DVD to record from your camcorder or camera. Magic iDVD lets you set up disc menus and overall themes, then drag any photo or video clips as well as audio files to the app, arrange them how you want, preview everything before you commit, then burn the DVD. One Step DVD lets you take input from your externally connected device and burn it to a DVD. Whether you are creating a slideshow from photos with audio, mixing video and photos, or using all video, iDVD is about as easy to use as you can imagine.
We've been using iDVD for a while, and it still remains the easiest DVD authoring and burning utility for the Mac. The project options let you get more complicated with your projects, while Magic iDVD is a fast authoring system. While expensive third-party apps give you more power and more effects, iDVD will suit most users just fine.
Author and burn movies, photos, and music to widescreen DVD. From instant gratification with Magic iDVD to next-generation themes, iDVD 6 makes it easy. And to answer one burning question, iDVD now works with an array of third-party DVD burners.
What's new in this version: This update improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues, including the following:
- Improves reliability of imported iPhoto '11 slideshows.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent files from re-linking.
- Addresses an issue that could cause iDVD to use all available CPU capacity when searching for missing files.
More Products to Consider
- Burn any video to DVD disc, DVD folder or ISO files.
- DVD authoring tool included with new G4 DVD-R Macs.
- Burn and convert all formats of Videos and photos to a DVD.
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Convert files between flv, mpeg 1/2/4, 3gp, mp3, m4a, wmv, wma,...
- Simple DVD authoring utility that will take video files and cre...
- Convert and burn various video formats as AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, ...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Motion graphics & visual effects for film, video, multimedia, w...
- Video and data DVD burning software for Mac, also compatible wi...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Make DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs with this MPEG converter/burner software...
- Convert mov files to JPG images.
- Advanced screen recording application.
- Free Mac video editor software. Easily edit movies and video cl...
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Multi-camera video surveillance app.
- Digital video editing system.
- Broadcast and access videos and radio on the Internet.
- Convert MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MXF, FLV, MP3,...
- Download and convert videos from various websites.
- Convert camcorder AVCHD(.mts,.m2ts) videos.
- Browse the web comfortably.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 28 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Use Only if you have a prior version of idvd"
Version: Apple iDVD 7.1.2
If you have a prior version of idvd
Apple engineers decided computer users no longer can burn home movies to dvd and do not include the idvd app even though it is referenced all throughout iMovie.
Get Windows PC instead. Apple is no longer the easy to use supportive computer company.
Version: Apple iDVD 7.1.2
Menus are nice I guess
Out of Sync Audio
Do you like it when you render something for hours on end only to be told at the very end that there was an error? Would you like to know why you got that error and a way to avoid it? Too bad. How about audio going out of sync for projects over 30 minutes? If you love errors and computer programs that waste your valuable time, get iDVD. Spend a weeks troubleshooting your iDVD program today! Yay!