This SMC Firmware Update adjusts fan behavior in the MacBook Pro 17-inch. The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder and will launch automatically after restart. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the update process.
Here are the instructions within the updater, as they appear for the MacBook Pro Updater:
To update the SMC firmware on your MacBook Pro:
- Quit all other open applications.
- Click Restart in the MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update window and wait for your computer to restart.
The SMC firmware update starts automatically. A status bar indicates the progress of the update. During the update your computer fans will run at full speed, but will return to normal once the update completes.
Important: Do not interrupt the update.
Your computer restarts automatically when the update is completed and opens the MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update.
- Click OK. The SMC firmware is now up-to-date.
More Products to Consider
- High-quality scanner driver with support for several manufactur...
- Mac driver for the Xbox 360 controller.
- Printer driver for the multi-function device.
- Scanner drivers.
- Enable Digidesign hardware.
- For ASIO-compatible apps.
- Add customizable gestures to Magic Mouse or MacBook trackpad.
- For HP printers.
- Edit and manage your images.
- Printer driver for the photosmart series.
- Upload files to Texas Instruments calculators.
- Scanner drivers.
- For Intel iMacs.
- Update your Apple DVD Player to get optimized DVD playback, Blu...
- Driver and software for the multi-function printer.
- Granularly customize input device behavior.
- Display a 360 degree rotating ouroboros on your desktop.
- Interact with a liquid by tilting your laptop.
- Corner the real estate market in TradeMania.
- Enables hardware playthrough mode.
- Test USB game devices.
- Screensaver module with a spinning OS X logo.
- Choose your weapon and smash your enemy's city into the dirt.
- Stylized tank battle game.