From St. Clair Software:
App Tamer automatically pauses applications to deliver more efficient CPU usage and increased battery life. Some Mac applications, especially web browsers, continue running tasks or animations even when they're supposed to be idle in the background. This can consume valuable processing power and reduce battery life. App Tamer's unique AutoStop capability automatically pauses these applications when you switch away from them, and then restarts them when you click back to them. This frees your CPU and reduces power consumption. App Tamer includes an attractive and clear user interface for managing your running applications. It shows the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, and graphically displays a history of CPU usage. You can easily enable AutoStop for any application, as well as change its processing priority in OS X. App Tamer comes pre-configured to automatically pause Safari, Firefox and Chrome when they're in the background. AutoStopping other applications is just a mouse click away.
What's new in this version:
- Added Retina display support.
- App Tamer now wakes up applications for scroll wheel and gesture scrolling even when they're in the background.
- Applications wake up when the display configuration changes so they can switch window configurations if necessary.
- Errors were fixed that caused warning messages in the Console under some circumstances.
- Fixed bugs in handling the consequences of high CPU load.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Displays system information in the menu bar.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Stops running Flash videos/animations to conserve battery.
- Optimize CPU load and speed up your apps.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Reach your applications and utilities with one click.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Drum software can be used both as a standalone instrument or an...
- Schedule and manage battery calibrations for MacBooks and MacBo...
- Turn off your computer.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Journal your applications with Activity Audit and discover wher...
- Monitor your computer, from memory usage to Bluetooth status.
- Data recovery software.
- Schedule the opening of applications, folders, and documents on...
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Control iTunes with global hot keys.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A must have for all serious Mac users"
Version: App Tamer 1.0
Superb application to manage your processor needs.
Nothing to mention.
We are so used to Default Folder that we take it for granted that it's the only software that Jon Gotow cares about and will hopefully support for many years to come. Then "App Tamer" a nifty utility that injects power into our Macs by reducing their consumption appears out of the blue and revolutionizes how we use the processing power of our computers. I've tried many utilities that allow me to activate or deactivate the process of my running applications but have always found them clumsy and hard to manage. It's simply unthinkable to go to a menu to stop those superfluous applications from running just to return there a few seconds later because you have forgotten a tiny detail and need to consult the program again. Well, "App Tamer" just does that in a less painful and more intuitive way. Once you launch it for the first time it sits silently in the background and magically turns on and off the processes that are no longer needed. Once you switch to a dormant application let's say by clicking on its window it wakes up like magic without the need for any further intervention. If you use a laptop with no access to a power source you'll appreciate every second of that extra power "App Tamer" has so meticulously accumulated for you and if you are use a computer in office you'll surely benefit from the extra speed that you gain by using applications one at a time and only when they are needed. I can't recommend this application enough. Fariborz AMIRSHAHI - Verona (Italy)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content