From Roni Music:
If you're a musician who likes to learn new songs and techniques by listening to the same piece of music over and over but wish that the music could be played a little slower, then you'll enjoy Amazing Slow Downer for Mac. This PowerPC program reads music directly from your CD-ROM drive and slows it down between 1% and 400% using a "time-stretching" method which does not change the pitch, regardless of the speed! Most programs of this sort require you to record the music first. Not with the Amazing Slow Downer. It processes the music in real time - just insert the CD and press the play button! You may also import and play MP3, AIFF, Wave and AAC/MP4 files. Other features include increasing the music speed up to twice the normal rate, pitch adjustments in semi-tones at full or lower speed, and more.
What's new in this version: Better looking history dialog
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube videos in MP3 format.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Digital video editing system.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Convert your music to WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG or Apple Lossles...
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Import your video collection to iTunes with 1 click.
- Create, edit & print sheet music.
- Full-featured real-time video editor.
- Transcribe recorded music.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Create, edit and mix the music of your choice.
- View, play, and customize Sibelius scores on the Web.
- Convert protected M4V files to MP4, MOV, iPod, iPhone or audio ...
- Free software with everything you need to play, create and stre...
- Keep time automatically or input a tempo by hand.
- Shanghai-style tile matching game.
- Inter-application audio communication.
- Music composition tool for exploring and developing musical ide...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 114 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Exactly what I needed"
Version: Amazing Slow Downer 3.4.4
Easy to drag any song from your iTunes song list straight into the File Player. If you are working on learning something in alternate tuning you can adjust the pitch down in the player instead of retuning your guitar. Example: First of all, I play bass guitar) I've been studying James Jamerson's "Bernadette" for good walking bass and rhythm practice. The original recording is tuned down one semitone. Instead of me going thru the trouble to retune my instrument I adjusted the pitch down one semitone (easy enough, did it by ear) took about 20 seconds. Setting the loop feature is a snap. Overall sound quality is better than the learning mode on my Tascam DR-07 MkII digital audio recorder. It's especially useful if you have accurate sheet music or tabs in front of you to put it all together. If you don't read music or tabs, it's still more than useful to learn by ear. In the loop mode you can preset a % increase in speed where each time it repeats it will play back a little faster.
Not really anything I can complain about. As you know, bass is at much lower frequencies so I have to make adjustments in the highs, and middle on the EQ to help isolate the bass. But I can get it adjust to suit my needs.
To me it's a very valuable learning tool. I play piano as well but have only used this for bass guitar but I did drag a very fast classical piano piece into the Amazing Slow Downer and it really separates every note (even in a complicate, fast piano piece) with very little to no degradation in pitch. It works for me.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: