CNET Editors' review
Amadis DVD Audio Ripper SE provides all the tools you need for pulling sound from DVDs and video files. It works well, but legalities keep things slightly muddled and limit your choices.
The program's interface is sleek and professional-looking, with a series of intuitive commands that never left us feeling lost. You simply choose a video file from your computer or an entire DVD to pull audio from, and Amadis does the rest. You have the option to save audio tracks as a WMA, MP3, or AAC file. However, Amadis wouldn't let us rip copyrighted material, such as a DVD from a professional studio. This shortened our options considerably, basically limiting them to homemade DVDs and unprotected video files. However, the program converted those files quickly, in about a third of the actual running time, and returned a crisp audio document of the video. This would probably be a bad choice for movies but seems as if it would work especially well with concert footage or a lecture since such performances translate well to audio formats. The program also provides a nice feature for editing the videos so your audio files only include precisely what you want.
Amadis DVD Audio Ripper only converts 30 percent of a video during its trial period. Though its inability to rip copyrighted material limits your choices, it still performs well, and we recommend it.
From Amadis Software:
Amadis DVD Audio Ripper is a powerful and easy DVD and video ripper application for converting DVDs and video to audio formats (WMA, MP3, AC3). You can enjoy your favorite DVD audio anywhere. With integrated advanced audio encoder, it is faster than other DVD Ripper software, and just a few clicks is enough.
What's new in this version: Version 3.9.3 fixes some minor bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Convert and burn WMV file to another movie format.
- Get a combination package for audio and video conversion, DVD c...
- Convert AVI and WMV files, and split video files into episodes.
- Play multimedia files.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Convert various video files to to Cell Phone MP4 video format.
- Convert your music compilations made with Nero to regular m3u p...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not worth buying"
Version: Amadis DVD Audio Ripper 2.0.7
You can open it, you can close it
This isn't the best Audio-ripper I have seen. A lack of options: It's impossible to name files the way you want, bitrate set is never the same after ripping (some bitrates don't even work!) and a poor audio quality. Don't buy it, it's not even worth testing!