CNET Editors' review
Amadeus Pro is an audio editing tool for the Mac that works quickly and easily to record, split, edit, and export audio tracks. While not as feature rich as a tool like GarageBand, it runs a lot smoother and faster and has a few tools that make it a bit easier to use, at least up front, than other comparably priced tools.
When you install Amadeus Pro, you can start using it immediately in a trial mode that lasts for 30 days. Therefore all of the tools are unlocked and you can start recording, creating new tracks, editing, and exporting to CD or audio file. Everything you'll need for basic editing is onscreen, while more advanced tools are hidden in the file menus. This can be frustrating, at times, because you won't know where everything is and the manual for the software has to be downloaded separately. However, the tools that are provided will cover 90 percent of what you need to do in most basic editing situations. The best part of Amadeus Pro, however, is the speed and flexibility of the tools; there was rarely a slow down or pause in our editing and rendering occurred very fast.
If you want a fast, easy-to-use editing tool that doesn't overload you with options or slow down whenever you press a button, then consider Amadeus Pro. It's not a perfect audio editing tool and the full price is a bit higher than some apps with more features; but for those that like a smaller, lighter app with more responsive controls, this one gets the job done very well.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Amadeus Pro for Mac 2.1.3.
Amadeus Pro is a powerful multitrack audio editor supporting a variety of formats including MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless, AIFF, Wave and many others.
Amadeus Pro is a fully featured multitrack editor. Each track can have its volume and panning adjusted independently from the others. Each track can be split into multiple audio clips that can easily be dragged independently of each other. Furthermore, Audio Units can be applied to individual tracks in real-time without requiring any destructive editing.
There's that whole collection of files that you wanted to convert to Mp3, but you first wanted to normalize them and make them fade in and out nicely. Several hours of work in perspective? Let Amadeus Pro do the work for you! The powerful batch processor allows you not only to convert large numbers of files between any of the supported formats, but you can also instruct Amadeus Pro to apply any sequence of sound effects.
The handy repair centre allows you to find and to repair cracks with a simple click of the mouse. Furthermore, Amadeus Pro's powerful denoising functions allow you to easily get rid of that annoying hiss on your old tape recordings or of that 50Hz hum picked up by a badly insulated microphone.
What's new in this version:
- Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Tiny bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Lossless audio editing.
- Audio editor/recorder with effects, mixing, & unlimited undo.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac app with audio content.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Record & publish live presentations as podcasts.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Versatile DJ music mixer.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Record audio output from any app or hardware plugged into your ...
- Listen to free Internet radio.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 18 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very clunky, documentation sucks!"
Version: Amadeus Pro 2.1.3
Very fast at pitch conversions, for example converting audio from an old 16 RPM record recorded at 33 RPM, conversion is fast!
Record interface useless! No pause, no clip guard, just guess and pray! Also, the denoising tools are worthless! No logic to the control interface....select audio first, then try preview? What and where in the waveform am I previewing? The curser head indicator doesn't move in denoise...this entire app feels like you're shooting in the dark....results may be OK, but you cannot monitor what you're doing! Most frustrating navigation ever! Have to do all navigating, selecting etc from drop downs.
Waste of time and money! Tab back to start doesn't work either....
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: