CNET Editors' review
Manage your graphic files with Alteros 3D. This digital asset management program displays thumbnails of your 2D and 3D graphic files within a versatile interface.
Alteros 3D is jam packed with features. You can crop and edit your photos or display them in a slideshow. It will play DVDs and other media, and you can even use it as a file browser. You can view files in small, medium, or large thumbnails, customize the arrangement of the panels, and change the skin of the viewer, too. The slideshow feature is an easy way to share photos with viewers, and Alteros 3D works well as a media player. You can use Alteros 3D to quickly rotate, crop, or adjust graphic files or downsample files for Web or screen usage. Alteros 3D is easy to use, but it does have a Help file, though it's a little hard to find. Go to: File > Options. When the Options window opens, the Help button is on the bottom right.
For all that it does, we most enjoyed using Alteros 3D as a file browser. Since graphic files are typically pretty large, it's great to have a way to view a folder of images or other media files as thumbnails that you can easily sift through. This is a 30-day trial version of the software. Upon installation, the program adds a Desktop icon without asking, but it installs and uninstalls with no problems.
From Lighttek Software:
Alteros 3D is a 3D and 2D graphic viewer with skinable interface. The program allows viewing any 3D files (3DS, VRML, TrueSpace, LightWave and many other formats), as well as 2D graphical files (PSD, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF). Build in text editor allows viewing and editing TXT and RTF files. Alteros 3D can also display HTML files and other documents via OLE interface. Program interface can be easily set up with the help of the skins. Besides, Alteros 3D has its own desktop files format--ADESK. Using ADESK files you can create graphical interfaces with the own commands. ADESK files can be used as Alteros 3D start up interface, as well as user's CDROM interface, if Alteros 3D is used as Autorun shell for CD/DVD/Flash Drives.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0 build 3000 adds new functions.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Replace your Windows desktop with a new shell supporting themes...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Watch 2D movies and videos in 3D anaglyph easily.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Add impact to your Web pages with still and animated 3D heading...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Draw with simulated natural brush tools and apply effects to yo...
- Catalog documents spread throughout multiple disks and simplify...
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Draw the plan of your home and view the result in a 3D view.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Provide different options for copying the contents of one folde...
All versions:1.4 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"crashed on me"
Version: Alteros 3D 2.5 build 2500
it crashed on me when i tried to edit an rtf file
also, the look/feel code of the rtf loader is flawed
"Very usefull software!"
Version: Alteros 3D 2.3 build 2302