CNET Editors' review
Manage your graphic files with Alteros 3D. This digital asset management program displays thumbnails of your 2D and 3D graphic files within a versatile interface.
Alteros 3D is jam packed with features. You can crop and edit your photos or display them in a slideshow. It will play DVDs and other media, and you can even use it as a file browser. You can view files in small, medium, or large thumbnails, customize the arrangement of the panels, and change the skin of the viewer, too. The slideshow feature is an easy way to share photos with viewers, and Alteros 3D works well as a media player. You can use Alteros 3D to quickly rotate, crop, or adjust graphic files or downsample files for Web or screen usage. Alteros 3D is easy to use, but it does have a Help file, though it's a little hard to find. Go to: File > Options. When the Options window opens, the Help button is on the bottom right.
For all that it does, we most enjoyed using Alteros 3D as a file browser. Since graphic files are typically pretty large, it's great to have a way to view a folder of images or other media files as thumbnails that you can easily sift through. This is a 30-day trial version of the software. Upon installation, the program adds a Desktop icon without asking, but it installs and uninstalls with no problems.
From Lighttek Software:
Alteros 3D is a 3D and 2D graphic viewer with skinable interface. The program allows viewing any 3D files (3DS, VRML, TrueSpace, LightWave and many other formats), as well as 2D graphical files (PSD, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF). Build in text editor allows viewing and editing TXT and RTF files. Alteros 3D can also display HTML files and other documents via OLE interface. Program interface can be easily set up with the help of the skins. Besides, Alteros 3D has its own desktop files format--ADESK. Using ADESK files you can create graphical interfaces with the own commands. ADESK files can be used as Alteros 3D start up interface, as well as user's CDROM interface, if Alteros 3D is used as Autorun shell for CD/DVD/Flash Drives.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0 build 3000 adds new functions.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- View and render o2c objects.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Get these tools to help edit Call of Duty models in 3DS Max.
- Look at the multi-colored translucent globes move through the d...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View images of 3D transformers.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Visualize and measure intricate CAD drawings in both 2D and 3D.
- View and control 3D model named Candy on your desktop.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View dramatic volcanic eruption on an uninhabited South Seas Is...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create, remix, and publish 3D models online.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Witness an intense thunderstorm without getting wet.
- Look at the inhabitants of Earth's southernmost point - penguin...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
All versions:1.4 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"crashed on me"
Version: Alteros 3D 2.5 build 2500
it crashed on me when i tried to edit an rtf file
also, the look/feel code of the rtf loader is flawed
"Very usefull software!"
Version: Alteros 3D 2.3 build 2302