CNET Editors' review
Aloaha PDF Suite is a versatile PDF creation tool that is available in several versions, including a freeware edition that nevertheless has nearly all the features of the full version. It can create high-quality vector-based PDFs from inside any Windows program. The PDFs it creates are fully compatible with other PDF programs. Aloaha PDF Suite installs a special printer driver that lets you create, save, print, and e-mail PDFs whenever you select Print inside any program that runs in Windows and offers a print command, including Word and other Office apps, Web browsers like IE and Chrome, and Windows itself.
Aloaha PDF Suite's download includes an installer as well as Web-based resources such as a manual, blog, and a free Class 1 Certificate application (sent by e-mail). When it's running, Aloaha PDF Suite's system tray icon serves as the main access point to the program's language, licensing, and signature settings, card reader options (where applicable), and notifications (as they appear). Batch digital signatures are disabled in the freeware version, which just means you'll have to create signed PDFs one by one. The signature wizard includes the option to save the file as a template. Certificates can be stored on the local machine, active directory, current user store (default) and Smart Card (e-ID).
Creating a PDF with Aloaha PDF Suite is as easy as printing a document. But instead of sending the newly created PDF straight to your printer spool, the program lets you save it as a file or e-mail it. We tried it in several programs, including our Web browser. When the print preview appeared, we selected Aloaha PDF Suite and clicked OK. A dialog appeared with a preview of our document and buttons to Show, Print, Save, and Mail our PDF. We could also attach a letterhead, including a different letterhead for page 2. We saved a PDF, browsed to the destination folder, and clicked our new document. It opened normally in our usual PDF tool. That's not all there is to Aloaha PDF Suite, but the freeware is focused on the basics. Users can upgrade to more capable versions as needed.
From Wrocklage Intermedia:
Aloaha PDF Suite was developed as the program to create vector based, high resolution PDF Documents. Aloaha PDF files preserve the look and integrity of your original documents, and you can share them with anyone electronically, regardless of hardware and software platforms.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Organize and control access to all your company documents.
- Make your CAD works in powerful DWG-compatible environment.
- Share documents and codes with other content authors and develo...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Store all your files in one environment for multiple users to a...
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Learn how to create an item-level auditing view in three differ...
- Upload files to your Web server and share them with everyone.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Track network directories and LAN shared documents.
- Convert PDF to most applications.
- Create, export, import, and manage any electronic document.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Get centralized access to all your organization's documents.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Share and manage your business content.
- Convert text files to a PDF format.
- Create a website for documents, pages, and links to other web s...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.