CNET Editors' review
All in One Media Codec Pack lets you play a variety of media types with one simple program. We were impressed that this program successfully took on the roles of a video viewer, a music player, and a picture viewer, and we were wowed by its quality.
The sparse, unattractive interface was definitely not the program's highlight. However, it was still simple to operate, and we never felt as if we needed the Help file's instructions. We were able to navigate a simple file-browsing tool to find the correct media file we wanted. We didn't find a video format or photo format the program couldn't accommodate and download in a matter of seconds. Although All in One Media Codec packs some useful tools, its clarity was its most impressive aspect. We weren't expecting videos and photos to be so rich in color and texture. The program also handles every imaginable music format, and it plays them all smoothly. We liked how the main screen shrank down to a toolbar size with the music, so you can embed it while working. The program provided some interesting extra features, such as filters and shading for video and photos. However, we found them too technical and more applicable to expert-level users. Despite this, we enjoyed having one player for all our media and felt it saved time and headaches.
All in One Media Codec Pack is freeware. With its ability to play all media with high-quality results, we recommend this program.
All in One Media Codec Pack includes codecs, splitter and filters for most video and music formats. You will get complete media support for your entertainment needs after installation. Coverage for video formats includes MP4, AVI, MKV, OGM, MPG, MPEG, VOB, FLV, MOV (Quicktime), RM(RealMedia), 3GP, DivX; audio format includes MP3, AC3, AAC, DTS, WAV, FLAC, and Vorbis. Advanced users will find GSpot, Media Player Classic come in handy.
More Products to Consider
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Provide freeware codec pack for all video types.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Play all your movie and music files in your favorite Media Play...
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Locate and play over 750+ TV channels online.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Add audio/video codecs and filters to playback any video file.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Convert HD/any videos to popular formats, extract and convert a...
- Convert your video and audio files from one format to another.
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Play back almost any video or audio file in your favorite media...
- Convert video files into MP4, iPhone, iPod, PSP format.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Compress video files to transmit them fast over computer networ...
- Get informed automatically when music you like is coming up on ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent effort, but could stand an update"
Version: All in One Media Codec Pack 3.3
Great combination of media products; no one else puts all this together
Media Player Classic is now End of Life, so replace it with the newer Home Cinema version? Also, its major components (especially G-Spot and Media Player Classic) should be accessible independently, which they are not, at least in 64-bit Win7.
It's a shame about Media Player Classic no longer being updated for security or otherwise, but this package can still be worth having if only the developers will address that and a few other relatively minor issues.