CNET Editors' review
Organize your desktop icons with this handy application, which works well but requires a trip to the help file to fully understand. Alive Desktop has a neatly designed interface where you can create or edit windows and configurations. For this application to work, you must first disable your desktop's auto-arrange option, a requirement that is unfortunately not mentioned by the publisher. Once that's done, you can create individual windows and place your desktop icons inside them. You can specify names (Internet, Media, Tools, and so on) for each window, so not only is your desktop clutter-free, it's organized as well.
Our tests showed that the program automatically detects your screen resolution so it can load the right configuration for your desktop. Novices may need to visit Alive Desktop's user guide to understand functions such as Set, Global, and Local. This 14-day trial application can help many users organize their desktop, although less advanced users should expect to do some reading to reap all the benefits of Alive Desktop.
Alive Desktop is used for keeping desktop icons positions and for saving them in separate configurations. In addition, the simple way for grouping your desktop icons is provided. You can use desktop windows for grouping your desktop icons. If you are moving the window then icons inside it are moving too.
What's new in this version: *
More Products to Consider
- Restore and save positions of your desktop icons for Windows.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Save and restore your desktop icons' layout.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Create and customize chess diagrams.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Replace your ordinary icons with highly detailed, representing ...
- Replace your Windows icons with this alternate theme.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Create desktops and organize your screen.
- Replace your desktop icons with images of monsters.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Use these 22 Christmas recycle bin icons in place of your stand...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Use these cute, frilly & feminine icons for your desktop.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Save and restore the icon locations on your Windows PC desktop.
- Zoom in desktop icons and magnify your computer screen.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easiely create Frames for Desktopicons."
Version: Alive Desktop 1
- Doesn't bring along a flood of useles features that only complicate the tool.
- Easy to grasp for people who have medium/high experience with any windowsapplications.
- Adapts the windowtheme that is in use.
- Should allow for a transparent background and bring some simplified themes itself.
- Doesn't snap to the icon grid which makes it hard to give it the Size wanted.
- The icons are not in the frame really but behind it. Drag window -> icons remain.
This Tool !!FINALLY!! allows creation of iconframes which is a function i have been missing all my life. You can easiely setup several sets of framepresets that can be loaded on startup. Sadly the Tool doesn't exploit the idea it began to the limit. It could easiely support some more features that could help make it even easier to use. Also it has some cosetic issued to solve.
Onlinepayment seems impossible "page can not be found"
If anyone knows a tool with similar functions that supports transparent framebackgrounds and allows you to actually drag icons INSIDE the frame please let me know!