CNET Editors' reviewThis free (for private use) program for creating stand-alone photo albums suffers tremendously from poor performance and an awkward interface. The trouble begins at the unattractive and confusingly labeled main window. A folder tree appears on the left, sandwiched above and below by clumps of clunky, poorly labeled buttons. Click a folder, and thumbnails of the images inside the folder appear along the bottom. Checkmark the ones you want, and Album Maker will create a self-executing EXE or a self-contained Web site for viewing your photos. That sounds good. The problem is the execution. Astoundingly, Album Maker can't make albums out of images in different folders. Nor does it let you change the order in which your photos appear. It even can't display images in full-screen format. And it's horribly, horribly slow. Loading a folder sometimes takes a minute or more. Neither professional photographers nor amateur shutterbugs are likely to find much use for Album Maker.
Create a Web-based photo album in minutes. Album Maker is a simple and powerful way to create a presentation of your images, which can be viewed on any Windows PC. You can make a presentation that can be viewed on a CD, a Memory Stick, a Web site, or in e-mail via a single-file run. This viewer also creates a single stand-alone application for you to distribute presentations on CDs. It is ideal for professional photographers who want to create an electronic proof sheet for their customers.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Resize and reformat your images to save space on hard disk.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Quickly build photo albums from the directories of images you h...
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...
- Resize, rename, and add watermarks to your digital photos.