CNET Editors' review
We see a lot of audio converters, and most of them are quite similar: they're easy to use, they convert files as they're suppose to, and they don't do much of anything that really impresses us. Akram Audio Converter is another entry into this field of software, but we're happy to report that it does have some characteristics that put it ahead of the competition.
We liked that the program starts with a welcome screen to help you choose which kind of converter you need to use. You are given a choice between a Real Audio Converter, Media Audio Converter, Easy Audio Converter, and Audio CD Ripper. Mousing over each of these options displays a tooltip describing what kinds of files can be converted. The actual conversion interface is quite intuitive: you simply choose your source files, select an output format and destination, adjust audio settings as needed, and perform the conversion. The program's built-in Help file is brief but adequate. The thing that sets Akram Audio Converter apart from similar programs is the sheer number of formats that it can handle. We see a lot of programs that, for example, can convert MP3 files to a handful of different formats. Akram Audio Converter is one of the most comprehensive programs we've seen in this regard, allowing users to convert to and from virtually all popular audio formats, as well as quite a few that aren't as common.
Akram Audio Converter is free to try, but the trial version has a 14-use limitation and only supports conversion of one file at a time. The program installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
From Akram Software:
Akram Audio Converter is an audio conversion tool that allows you to convert various audio formats: RAM, RMVB, RA, RM, RMJ, WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, MP2, MP1, MPEG, MP4, AAC, OGG, AVI, MPC, MOV, QT, WMA, AMR, AC3, AIFF, AIF, AU, 3GP. The program also ripping audio CD tracks to WAV, MP3, WMA, and OGG files.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0 updates audio conversion engine.
More Products to Consider
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert between audio files such as MP3, AAC, AC3, AMR, M4A, OG...
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Play music using skinnable software audio player.
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Convert audio files from one format to another and rip your aud...
- Rip CDs and convert your mp3s into a m3u file.
- Manage, play, convert, merge, split, rip, burn, and record audi...
- Convert audio and video files from one format to another one.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 114 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1