CNET Editors' review
The mere mention of encryption can evoke images of lonely geeks or government operatives hunched over their potentially earth shattering work. Discussions of public and private keys can send even experienced computer users into a fundamental state of distress, but it doesn't have to be that way. Advanced Encryption Package Professional is a tool that can, at the very least, ease some of the pain of working with encrypted messages and files.
The program itself is decent-looking but quirky. It has a theme engine that works well, though the existence of the theme engine is both welcomed and perplexing, as an app of this size should hardly need such a thing. The major features, such as Encryption, Decryption, and self-decrypting file creation work well, as do some unexpected features such as file Delete/Wipe, Zip management, encryption key management, and file e-mailing. There are better tools available than the included "Privacy Manager," but the Clipboard Encryptor is a great addition that complements the main program. The only actual error encountered was that a self-decrypting executable we created didn't delete itself as we specified after completing self-decryption.
There were no stability issues, and our testing never bumped up against the 30-day trial's functional limitations. Installation was easy, but it did create Start menu entries without asking, and uninstallation left behind theme-related folders and files in the install directory. Ultimately, if you use (or need to start using) encryption regularly, Advanced Encryption Package Professional would be a great tool to help make things just a little easier.
File encryption software Compatible with Windows (r) 7. Advaned Encryption Package uses 20 encryption algorithms (including AES 256-bit) to protect your documents from prying eyes. It can create self-decrypting versions of your encrypted files - the recipient of this file will not need to have AEP PRO to decrypt document. It also supports any kind of USB Flash Drive to store your decryption keys. The whole USB drive can be protected by single master password on your usb flash drive. Additionally, AEP PRO is integrated with Windows Clipboard and can encrypt/decrypt text messages in it (you can copy/paste scrambled text messages to email message or instant messaging program). Moreover, this encryption software has special 'password quality' indicator to help you choose non-weak passwords. The recipients of encrypted files can use freeware program Crypt4Free to decrypt received encrypted files. The latest version received "Compatible with Windows (r) 7" logo and includes ability to edit encrypted documents in single mouse click.
What's new in this version: Usb Key Manager: added possibility to export selected key to the external .aepkey file.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Hide or encrypt any file with a password using the government's...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Synchronize your Outlook 2000-2010 folders through e-mail.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Encrypt, hide, and protect your personal data.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure and protect your keycodes, passwords, bookmarks, credit ...
- Manage your passwords.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Create password-protected self-extrating archive files.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Hide, lock, and password protect any files.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your folders with a password.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Save your passwords to a secret directory to protect it from ha...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Encrypt multiple files and foldes of any type.
- Encrypt and decrypt files located on your system.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-7 of 7
"Very Very Good"
Version: Advanced Encryption Package 2013 Professional 5.44
Very Very Good
Very Very Good
Very Very Good
Version: Advanced Encryption Package 2013 Professional 5.0.6
+many different encryption algorithms + RSA support
+command line support
+handy integration with shell
+program is updated regularly, every 2-3 weeks and new features are added regularly
+very friendly product support
not very intuitive user interface for novices
Overall a very good program to secure any documents
Version: Advanced Encryption Package 2013 Professional 4.8.7
would be good if they provided some after sales
Don't buy this software. Rubbish after sales service. I gave these people my money and in return they have given me zero support. I had to reinstall windows and so lost the program files. I've asked them if they can help and they simply ignore the emails. So now I have encrypted files and no way to access them. Terrible service.
"Rubbish after sales service"
Version: Advanced Encryption Package 2013 Professional 4.8.5
Does what it says
What's the point in giving these people your money if they don't support you later. I had to reinstall windows and so lost the program files. I've asked them if they can help and they simply ignore the emails. Terrible service.
"It doesn't work"
Version: Advanced Encryption Package 2013 Professional 4.6.10
It did install!!
Once installed, it didn't work. I ran the application from the shortcut and the Start > Programs menu and both times it errored with a "fatal error" and closed. I rebooted my PC and it did the same. Avoid until this is resolved.
"EASY TO USE"
Version: Advanced Encryption Package 2013 Professional 4.6.5
IMPROVES THE SECURITY OF MY COMPUTER.
"Delivers what it promises -- intuitive, easy"
Version: Advanced Encryption Package 2013 Professional 2.5.1
Program is fast and does not stumble -- I have used it for quites some time under Win2K. Rare to find all advertised capabilities delivered but they do