CNET Editors' reviewThis program helps users manage and enhance application windows but might require a quick trip to the help file. Actual Window Guard's bland-looking interface has a simple tree listing of predefined Windows rules for different programs, though you can add your own. However, understanding how the process works isn't immediately apparent, so we'd guess most users will want to take a look at the help files. The program lets users modify the size, exact position, title, and appearance of a window and also allows you to add your own captions. Right-clicking in a window gives you a quick option for creating a new rule. Although it's not a necessity and could be more user-friendly, folks who routinely work with a lot of windows might find the program worth the learning curve.
From Actual Tools:
Actual Window Guard keeps your workspace in optimal condition for comfortable work. It has settings helping to organize windows on the desktop and keep them in the order you prefer. You don't have to spend time resizing and positioning windows as it will be done automatically. The tool supports multi-monitor systems allowing you automatically place particular windows to required monitor and specify window dimensions as per cent values of current monitor's resolution. Features include minimize and maximize windows on startup, close irrelevant pop-ups, keep windows always-on-top, and prevent important windows from accidental closing. Adjust execution priority of particular applications. You can accurately align windows with any of the 9 positions within desktop.
What's new in this version: Version 7.5.1 has fixed memory leak in the Control Center.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Calculate the number of service staff to minimize service and w...
- Minimize any desktop window to tray by various means.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Provide useful enhancements for the Windows shell.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Create shortcuts for Windows-based applications.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Close or minimize annoying windows automatically.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Display lyrics of songs automatically.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Share Windows Clipboard content on networked computers (wired o...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Schedule Windows shutdown, restart, or log-off.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Open files, dictate, and control your desktop through voice com...
- Resize all your windows in one click.
- Create and use electronic forms.
- Use a collection of tools for automation of chronic actions.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content