From Sivart Software:
AccuChef is a custom recipe database that allows you to collect, exchange and organize your recipes and much more. Print out cookbooks, print a shopping list, organize your coupons, create web pages, perform nutritional analysis, cost your recipes, print out index cards, email recipes to your friends, design your own output or type in ingredients you have on hand and let it suggest recipes you can make.
The new spell checker learns from your mistakes to make better suggestions and supports nineteen languages. Also includes a new thesaurus.
What's new in this version: Version 6.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Track and organize your favorite recipes.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Make all your favorites in your own kitchen.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Manage recipes, create shopping lists, and perform nutritional ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Simplify the process of cooking multiple meals at once.
- Get 4,000 recipes and add more of your own.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Organize recipes, plan healthy meals, and make grocery lists.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Create, collect, trade, and use recipes to prepare feasts and c...
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Create 'To Do' lists on your PC.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Search for and share recipes, chat and collaborate with other r...
- Organize, e-mail, and print your recipes.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: AccuChef 6.6
I got this a year ago and lost it and updated a few months ago and now today im reinstalling as my malware deleted it so you can see I love this program I use accuchef at least 3 times a week. Its the best 20. I ever spent.
"Very good, still requires hard work"
Version: AccuChef 6.6
Import from Mealmaster and some other formats it done in a jiffy
You can select between imperial and metric measurements
You can choose which nutritional information to present
Ingredients can be linked to the nutritional database, and they show as blue links if so.
You can print to a number of formats, including double sided
You can change the quantities, the yield.
You can check for duplicate recipes. When you import or add or copy-paste a recipe, you can get the program to immediately check and detect whether it is a duplicate. It lets you put many recipes of the same name (because you might have different recipes of Apple pie, for instance) The program lets you choose if you want it to mark as duplicates if they share the title and ingredients, or everything, including preparation. Then it marks one of each couple of duplicates, and you can choose to immediately delete them or whether to check them first (of course you'll want to do this, and it's not easy. See below)
1. It doesn't convert imperial to metric (and viceversa) measurements
2. Moving recipes from one cookbook to the other is not easy When you import a mixed cookbook and you want to sort the contents into different ones (e.g. Vegetarian, Desserts, Breads etc...), it's a daunting task. You have to first open the one from which you take the recipes, then select them screen by screen (you can scroll, but not select the first item, then scroll to the end of the category, press shift and select the last to have them all selected), then copy to clipboard with CTRL+C, then open the destination cookbook, paste them with CTRL+V. Then go back to the previous one, and again painstakingly select all of them and delete them. (it is possible that you can delete them while they are still in the clipboard, before pasting them to their new location? I didn't dare do this!!!)
3. The compare and delete duplicates isn't easy. When the programme detects them, you have to check them before deleting one. You cannot open two at a time and compare, you have to rely on memory (or notes!). Suppose that it found 10 couples of duplicates, You look at one couple, you decide one is indeed a duplicate, so you close it and press Del. It asks "Do you want to delete all marked files?" No, "Do you want to delete this one recipe?" "yes". And then, you get an error message, saying that it couldn't delete the file, try again later.
4. Inserting or adding a recipe from word format. I copy-pasted everything (title, ingredients, preparation) into the preparation box, and then tried to drag and drop things into their proper place. Surprise! Drag and drop is not enabled. You have to select, cut (CTRL+X) and paste (CTRL+V) each item. For each ingredient there's the quantity, the name and maybe the details (e.g.chopped.). Moreover, when you put your cursor into a field to type or paste something in, you have to click it first, and only then you can type or paste into it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content