From Sivart Software:
AccuChef is a custom recipe database that allows you to collect, exchange and organize your recipes and much more. Print out cookbooks, print a shopping list, organize your coupons, create web pages, perform nutritional analysis, cost your recipes, print out index cards, email recipes to your friends, design your own output or type in ingredients you have on hand and let it suggest recipes you can make.
The new spell checker learns from your mistakes to make better suggestions and supports nineteen languages. Also includes a new thesaurus.
What's new in this version: Version 6.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create a media database containing all your collections.
- Manage and organize your recipes into cookbooks.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Plan your menus with thousands of recipes.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Receive alert notifications on natural phenomenon.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Manage movies, TV series, or collection of actors.
- Store and edit thousands of clipboard data.
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Design your rooms and plan your gardens.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Teach children addition, subtraction, multiplication, and divis...
- Catalog your DVDs automatically, no typing needed.
- Generate PHP forms.
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- Teach children to tell time with analog and digital talking clo...
- Preview your e-mail before downloading it and remove spam and o...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: AccuChef 6.6
I got this a year ago and lost it and updated a few months ago and now today im reinstalling as my malware deleted it so you can see I love this program I use accuchef at least 3 times a week. Its the best 20. I ever spent.
"Very good, still requires hard work"
Version: AccuChef 6.6
Import from Mealmaster and some other formats it done in a jiffy
You can select between imperial and metric measurements
You can choose which nutritional information to present
Ingredients can be linked to the nutritional database, and they show as blue links if so.
You can print to a number of formats, including double sided
You can change the quantities, the yield.
You can check for duplicate recipes. When you import or add or copy-paste a recipe, you can get the program to immediately check and detect whether it is a duplicate. It lets you put many recipes of the same name (because you might have different recipes of Apple pie, for instance) The program lets you choose if you want it to mark as duplicates if they share the title and ingredients, or everything, including preparation. Then it marks one of each couple of duplicates, and you can choose to immediately delete them or whether to check them first (of course you'll want to do this, and it's not easy. See below)
1. It doesn't convert imperial to metric (and viceversa) measurements
2. Moving recipes from one cookbook to the other is not easy When you import a mixed cookbook and you want to sort the contents into different ones (e.g. Vegetarian, Desserts, Breads etc...), it's a daunting task. You have to first open the one from which you take the recipes, then select them screen by screen (you can scroll, but not select the first item, then scroll to the end of the category, press shift and select the last to have them all selected), then copy to clipboard with CTRL+C, then open the destination cookbook, paste them with CTRL+V. Then go back to the previous one, and again painstakingly select all of them and delete them. (it is possible that you can delete them while they are still in the clipboard, before pasting them to their new location? I didn't dare do this!!!)
3. The compare and delete duplicates isn't easy. When the programme detects them, you have to check them before deleting one. You cannot open two at a time and compare, you have to rely on memory (or notes!). Suppose that it found 10 couples of duplicates, You look at one couple, you decide one is indeed a duplicate, so you close it and press Del. It asks "Do you want to delete all marked files?" No, "Do you want to delete this one recipe?" "yes". And then, you get an error message, saying that it couldn't delete the file, try again later.
4. Inserting or adding a recipe from word format. I copy-pasted everything (title, ingredients, preparation) into the preparation box, and then tried to drag and drop things into their proper place. Surprise! Drag and drop is not enabled. You have to select, cut (CTRL+X) and paste (CTRL+V) each item. For each ingredient there's the quantity, the name and maybe the details (e.g.chopped.). Moreover, when you put your cursor into a field to type or paste something in, you have to click it first, and only then you can type or paste into it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content