CNET Editors' review
AZImage is a basic image converter that lets users quickly resize and convert images. The program's ease of use and a few cool extra features make this a good choice for conversion jobs of all sizes.
The program's interface is fairly intuitive and attractive, with three tabs that represent the steps in the conversion process. In the first, users select the images they want to convert; images can be selected individually, or users can select entire folds of images for batch conversions. In the next tab, users select the format, size, and destination for the new images. The last tab is the conversion tab, and although converting the images is as easy as clicking the Start button, this tab loses points for its messy layout; fortunately, aside from the Start button, there's nothing really important here. We tried several file conversions and found that the program worked quickly to give us the results we expected. The program lets users save images as BMPs, GIFs, PNGs, TIFFS, and three different qualities of JPGs. We especially liked the fact that the program lets users automatically upload images to Picasa, although this feature appeared to be disabled in the trial version. The built-in Help file was detailed and fairly well-written.
AZImage has a 15-day trial period. It installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users seeking a quick and easy way to resize and convert images.
From SoftEx Company:
AZImage is a program to effectively convert between most common image formats (jpeg, gif, tif, or raw). It can process large amounts of files, resize, apply effects and correct quality on the fly. Ideal for converting digital photos. It also runs in batch mode. Features: automatic upload to Google Picasa and Facebook, drag and drop files to the AZImage, integration with Windows Explorer (extending context menus for images), autoupdate over the Internet, user-friendly interface, 64 bit internal image representation, plug-in structure to make AZ Image simple to extend to other formats.
What's new in this version: version 188.8.131.52 includes minor bugfixes and few updates to translation strings.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize your digital-photo collection, retouch and view pictur...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Resize and decorate pictures with borders, text, and watermarks...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create VCD slide shows that can be viewed on your TV.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Convert all popular video format to play on iPod, iPhone, PSP, ...
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Copy and convert DVD to AVI, Mp4, WMV, Mpeg, 3GP ect files, tra...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Amazing image converter with nice & easy user interface"
Version: AZImage 2.3
Excellent quality/size conversion ratio. Ideal if you want to send your photos by email, or put them on the web. Easy upload of the converted photos to the Google Picasa account.
You can add the same photos more then once to the conversion list resulting in lost of processing time.
I like the product because you can quickly resize and convert large amounts of image files.
The quality of the converted image files is excellent for the size reduction. You can save conversion formats and convert images from the right-click Windows Explorer menu.
"excellent conversion quality, easy to use"
Version: AZImage 184.108.40.206
nice user interface, easy to use for entire directories (large group of photos)
does not keep the entire EXIF information for the resize resulting images.