CNET Editors' review
AZImage is a basic image converter that lets users quickly resize and convert images. The program's ease of use and a few cool extra features make this a good choice for conversion jobs of all sizes.
The program's interface is fairly intuitive and attractive, with three tabs that represent the steps in the conversion process. In the first, users select the images they want to convert; images can be selected individually, or users can select entire folds of images for batch conversions. In the next tab, users select the format, size, and destination for the new images. The last tab is the conversion tab, and although converting the images is as easy as clicking the Start button, this tab loses points for its messy layout; fortunately, aside from the Start button, there's nothing really important here. We tried several file conversions and found that the program worked quickly to give us the results we expected. The program lets users save images as BMPs, GIFs, PNGs, TIFFS, and three different qualities of JPGs. We especially liked the fact that the program lets users automatically upload images to Picasa, although this feature appeared to be disabled in the trial version. The built-in Help file was detailed and fairly well-written.
AZImage has a 15-day trial period. It installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users seeking a quick and easy way to resize and convert images.
From SoftEx Company:
AZImage is a program to effectively convert between most common image formats (jpeg, gif, tif, or raw). It can process large amounts of files, resize, apply effects and correct quality on the fly. Ideal for converting digital photos. It also runs in batch mode. Features: automatic upload to Google Picasa and Facebook, drag and drop files to the AZImage, integration with Windows Explorer (extending context menus for images), autoupdate over the Internet, user-friendly interface, 64 bit internal image representation, plug-in structure to make AZ Image simple to extend to other formats.
What's new in this version: version 18.104.22.168 includes minor bugfixes and few updates to translation strings.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Organize your digital-photo collection, retouch and view pictur...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit images and convert them from one format to another in batc...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Resize all your images, photos / pictures in JPEG, PNG, GIF, or...
- View, edit, and convert various types of images.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View and resize your image files.
- View, edit, resize, convert, and share your digital photos.
- Convert a single PNG file or several files from the command lin...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Convert a single TGA file or several files from the command lin...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Amazing image converter with nice & easy user interface"
Version: AZImage 2.3
Excellent quality/size conversion ratio. Ideal if you want to send your photos by email, or put them on the web. Easy upload of the converted photos to the Google Picasa account.
You can add the same photos more then once to the conversion list resulting in lost of processing time.
I like the product because you can quickly resize and convert large amounts of image files.
The quality of the converted image files is excellent for the size reduction. You can save conversion formats and convert images from the right-click Windows Explorer menu.
"excellent conversion quality, easy to use"
Version: AZImage 22.214.171.124
nice user interface, easy to use for entire directories (large group of photos)
does not keep the entire EXIF information for the resize resulting images.