ACLr8 is a Mac OS X command-line tool written in Python that will analyze your entire hard drive searching for files that cause the "ACL found but not expected" errors in disk utility, and remove all ACL from them. Although these errors are relatively harmless, they can be quite annoying and they cause permission repairs to take much longer than they should. ACLr8 is very safe, but of course you use it at your own risk.
What's new in this version:
- Added a message about how no characters will appear when entering your password.
- Code cleanup.
More Products to Consider
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Manage system and user services on your Mac.
- Browse Time Machine backups and find frequently copied items.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Extend OS X's native file handling capabilities via third-party...
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Mines text data for string occurrences.
- Automatic backup and synchronization utility.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Disk partitioning without initializing or reformatting.
- Clean, optimize and speed up your Mac.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Clean a hard drive, erase a file. Easy-to-use OS X computer shr...
- Recognize your current input source with a color bar at the top...
- Use CD-RW drives transparently, through the Finder.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Keep sleep and screensavers from distracting your machine.
- Create encrypted data vaults and schedule automatic backups.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: ACLr8 1.2.2
"does what it says"
Version: ACLr8 1.2.1
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content