CNET Editors' review
ACDSee 16 is the latest version of this pro-class photo editor and collection manager. It's compatible with previous ACD Systems releases and comes with a database upgrade wizard. ACDSee 16 continues to emphasize ease of use and customer service. It still makes it easy to post and share images online, but it adds new features like the Info Palette, which collects and displays image data in one convenient spot; the Reverse Geocode feature for adding geotags; the Lens Blur tool for creating realistic bokeh effects; and Tilt-Shift for transforming images into simulated miniature scale models. Extras include slideshow, wallpaper, and screen capture tools. ACDSee 16 isn't cheap, but it's affordable, especially compared to some of the competition, and you can try it free for 15 days.
Installing and setting up ACDSee 16 takes several steps, including choosing plug-ins. We could also choose whether to associate the program with all image formats or just unassociated ones, which let us try ACDSee 16 without changing our current settings. A Quick Start Guide toured the program's features and let us set our preferences. ACDSee 16's user interface is busy but not confusing, and it bears many features common to image editors, such as the navigation sidebar with a tree view on the left, with a similar on the right for Mode-specific features. ACDSee 16 is based around four Modes: Manage, View, Edit, and Online. Four large buttons in the upper-right corner accesses each Mode with a single click. New users will need to set up a database to store their images, but if you've got an existing ACD account, you can simply log in and run the database conversion wizard (we did; it's fast and easy). Once you've loaded an image, ACDSee 16 transitions seamlessly between Modes, so that we could go directly from viewing an image to editing it to posting it online.
ACDSee 16 has more features and power than most users need, but it's well within the means of serious amateurs and those with large collections, and a bargain among pro tools.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of ACDSee 16.1.88. The trial version is limited to 15 days.
From ACD Systems:
ACDSee 17 - Managing your growing photo collection has never been this easy. And with so many ways to edit your shots like a pro, you'll be proud to share your best through the cloud and social media. With ACDSee 17, your photos will be the picture of perfection.
What's new in this version: With more tools to help you organize your photos, perfect your best, and inspire friends and family, ACDSee 17 is the all-in-one solution for your growing collection. Radial Gradient tool Apply a radial gradient to any editing effect to subtly progress across your photo. Create off-center vignette effects or multiple vignetted areas, or draw focus to a specific object.
Home base for your databases
Create as many ACDSee databases as you like, and quickly and easily switch betwee... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- View, organize, manage, enhance or fix your digital pictures - ...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Enjoy movies and all your media on your PC, notebook, smartphon...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create albums with your digital pictures on CDs.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Listen to your favorite music in better sound quality.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 219 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Too many crashes and conflicts"
Version: ACDSee 17 17.0.41
Easy to use very user friendly
Unfortunately crashes and locks up the machine cannot work well ADOBE PRODUCTS like Photoshop or lightroom
Best for file management but lacking. NO TECH SUPPORT to sort out the conflicts freezing and crashing problems. Constantly optimizing does not help