CNET Editors' reviewDesigned to help kids develop logic and puzzle-solving skills, 3D Ultra TrainTown Deluxe may frustrate as much as it teaches. The program offers three basic train-based games. One lets kids lay their own track, another provides a spelling quiz, and the last tasks tykes with moving all their toys back to the box by moving them with a train. However, how you control the game isn't immediately apparent, and the help files are anemic at best. Therefore, we can see how some parents might give up in frustration before learning how to play and teaching their kids. The graphics aren't sophisticated compared to most games, but they're appropriate for younger users. The sound effects are simple and the accompanying music is jaunty, but you will find options for disabling them, as well as those for selecting difficulty level and playing in full-screen mode. Since 3D Ultra TrainTown Deluxe may be too elementary for older children yet too unintuitive for younger kids, it only seems appropriate for those who really like trains.
From Sierra Entertainment:
You'll be amazed at the hilarious and zany jobs you'll need to complete; everything from delivering supplies, to tests of memory, to a dung-sorting contest with Farmer MacDonald's cows. TrainTown Deluxe features 10 worlds to explore, contains more than 80 puzzles to solve, and includes a track editor that can create and save your own custom track layouts.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Connect the markers with a railroad track in this addictive puz...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Enjoy different types of classic Minesweeper.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Select coins to make a sum divisible by 10.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Solve the famous Sudoku puzzles using Flash.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play the puzzle game where you connect colored cubes two by two...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Solve a logical puzzle game.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Arrange bricks to release and catch gems.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Solve logic puzzles in 5 different modes.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Test your logic skills with this tricky and challenging puzzle ...
- Drag seashells around to arrange groups of identical shells.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I like it, but some things could have been done better"
Version: 3D Ultra TrainTown Deluxe demo
The controls are simple once you get to know them.
The game is fun and kind of addicting, you don't want to stop.
The tutorial job bin is missing, they should have made those the demo jobs.
The graphics aren't the best.
The train cars have impossible turning radii.
Loading and unloading cars is often confused with selecting or decoupling the cars.
I liked this game as a kid, and I now I like it even more. If you get the full version, the controls are explained in a series of tutorial jobs. The throttle control depends on which way the train is facing, which seems to confuse a lot of players.