CNET Editors' review
Be prepared for some joy and a lot of frustration with 3D Maker. Getting the most out of this application will require you to understand 3D terminology, have sets of photos optimized for 3D, and own a pair of those red-green movie glasses.
3D Maker offers a floating palette with big, friendly buttons and a menu bar for additional tasks and filter. We selected a picture and clicked a button to convert. The application quickly rendered it in 3D (albeit with a large watermark in the trial version). Testing other 3D options quickly led to frustration. 3D Maker lacks certain basic features, such as a way to zoom out of a large image--absurd, since you may not be able to see all of the object you want to select. After selecting what we could, we tried to create a Stereogram; result was like snow on a television set. Next, we tried to create a 3D Sphere. This produced a small, streaky square. At this point, the only options were to Save as 3DMF (3D MetaFile) or Exit. But in trial mode, you cannot save as 3DMF. We right-clicked on the image border to close it, resulting in endless exceptions leading us to force-quit. Available in HMTL and PDF, the Help file caters to those already familiar with 3D settings. In many cases it identifies various settings without explanation.
All told, if you are familiar with 3D tools, this program could be a quick and easy solution. But if you are merely looking for a new way to spice up your photos, frustration rather than fun will be your likely reward.
From Sandy Knoll Software:
Software for making anaglyphs, stereograms, in other words--3D objects. Turn pictures into objects like cubes, balls, or even an animated flag. A number of 2D filters are available as well. Also allows for simple editing of 3DMF files.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Create complex 3D objects based on the vector files in Adobe Ph...
- Create stunning 3D logos for the web.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Relax watching a 3D tunnel with flying balls on your desktop.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- Display driver.