From Markus Winter:
MacOS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is 64-bit - or is it?. Well, actually MacOS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is both 32-bit and 64-bit, and what that means for you depends on both your hardware and your settings.
I put up an accompanying 0 website which should answer most of your questions at
What does this app do?
- it shows whether you have a 32-bit or a 64-bit processor
- it shows whether you have a 32-bit or a 64-bit EFI
- it shows whether the MacOS X Kernel is set to boot in 32-bit or in 64-bit mode
- it shows whether the MacOS X Kernel is running in 32-bit or in 64-bit mode
- it shows whether Apple officially supports booting a 64-bit kernel on your Mac
- it allows you to select whether you want to start the MacOS X Kernel in 32-bit or in 64-bit mode (the setting might be ignored on MacBooks, depending on how Apple implements the restriction)
- accompanying webpage explains what the whole commotion about 32-bit and 64-bit in MacOS X Snow Leopard is about
What's new in this version:
- New: added info for the new Mac Models.
- New: added bug report in case it throws an error (haven't had it happen or heard of any but as I was adding this to all my apps ...).
Thanks for all the feedback - but PLEASE read the website before asking questions. About 500 people must have asked why their Mac is still in 32bit KERNEL mode after applying the settings - and it is explained in detail on the website (I think I got rather grumpy after answering the first 300... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Deepen the interpretation of the outcome of a divination.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Develop multi-threaded 32- and 64-bit applications.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Descriptions for OS X error codes.
- Patches a bug with bold face typesetting in MacOS 8.5.
- Displays black screen with transparency.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Enables menu extras as they were supported in OS X 10.1.
- Lists the cpu usage of all open programs.
- Extract individual files out of installer packages.
- Plain black screen screensaver.
- Alter hidden features in OS X.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector 1.5
Ease of install and what it shows you.
I have no problems
It a nice piece os software that lets you change between 64 and 32 bit on the fly.
"THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!"
Version: 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector 1.0
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Thank you so much for this program!!!! ;D